PDA

View Full Version : I could've had a lie in too!!!

francinejayne
22-12-2011, 08:49 AM
I am sat waiting for my only mindee, they are currently over an hour late! they regularly turn up late and it doesn't bother me as I have other children, but from now until the new year he is the only one I will be having. do you think it is OK for me to ask the parents to let me know if he will be coming late (the parents like a lie in, they tell me every time they bring him late) as then I could have a lie in too? they would have to let me know the night before I guess!

Pipsqueak
22-12-2011, 08:54 AM
i think it would be more than ok for them to be a little courteous and thoughtful of other people - so yes go ahead and ask.
i would stop letting it slide too for the rest of the year!

muffins
22-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Ditto! Sat here waiting for my only mindee who should have been here at 8! My 2 didn't wake up till 7.45 (unheard of!), so I ran round getting ready for 8 & now I'm sat here waiting:rolleyes: got a good mind to go out:laughing:

PixiePetal
22-12-2011, 09:07 AM
I asked mine yesterday what time they would be coming today :thumbsup:

due for 8 but dad finished Uni (older student) and mum catching up on annual leave - yesterday was 9.10, still waiting now :rolleyes: but at least dad said 9 so I had a bit of time to do other things and a bit of a lie in :thumbsup:

kindredspirits
22-12-2011, 09:10 AM
nothing wrong in asking at all.

I could have had a lie in..... but some weird alarm was going off in our street from 5.30am and then the builders next door started banging at 7.45 this morning!!! :angry: :angry: I swear there is a high chance I will be in police custody when this baby makes an appearance if she doesn't do so soon!!! :laughing: :laughing:

muffins
22-12-2011, 09:13 AM
I am sat waiting for my only mindee, they are currently over an hour late! they regularly turn up late and it doesn't bother me as I have other children, but from now until the new year he is the only one I will be having. do you think it is OK for me to ask the parents to let me know if he will be coming late (the parents like a lie in, they tell me every time they bring him late) as then I could have a lie in too? they would have to let me know the night before I guess!

Has your arrived yet?

Mine hasn't & now I'm starting to get:angry: & worried! Dad should be away working from what he told me on Monday & Mum has to be at work 1/2hr away by 9, catching the train at 8! She's never usually late, I'll give them another 5mins then call to see if they're ok!

sarahjane
22-12-2011, 11:03 AM
I have this every morning during term time, I have one child (8) booked in from 7am every day, at first he did turn up at 7 but lately its been getting later and later - about 1/2 hour late most days. I hate having to get up and be ready for 7 when 9 times out of 10 he's late :angry:
Never mind, he finishes on the 16th Jan now so not for much longer!

caz3007
22-12-2011, 01:01 PM
I rushed around this morning as was up a bit late expecting only LO at 8.30 and she arrived at 10.15. I could have done with less rushing this morning. Yesterday she arrived at 9.30. Still only tomorrow and then off for 10 days :clapping: :clapping:

francinejayne
22-12-2011, 02:52 PM
mindee turned up an hour late and dad said "sorry we're late, but we all had a lovely lie in!"

I couldn't help myself, I replied "well that's lovely, and I am absolutely fine with you bringing him late, but seeing as he is my only mindee now until the new year could you please let me know in advance if you are going to bring him late, as then I could have a lie in too?"

dad replied "well the problem I have with that is that I don't plan my lie in's and when I'm having one I am asleep, so no, I probably can't tell you!"

:mad:

I know his response makes sense, but it also slightly annoys me!

Tatjana
22-12-2011, 03:32 PM
mindee turned up an hour late and dad said "sorry we're late, but we all had a lovely lie in!"

I couldn't help myself, I replied "well that's lovely, and I am absolutely fine with you bringing him late, but seeing as he is my only mindee now until the new year could you please let me know in advance if you are going to bring him late, as then I could have a lie in too?"

dad replied "well the problem I have with that is that I don't plan my lie in's and when I'm having one I am asleep, so no, I probably can't tell you!"

I don't think his reply makes sense at all, doesn't plan his lie in indeed, gaah!!

Well I have a mindee contracted to start at 8am, usually arrives anywhere between 9.30-10.30am lol!! Used to annoy me, but tbh it's easier for me and I can catch up on some housework.

singlewiththree
22-12-2011, 04:21 PM
I would text the parents an hour before they are due with a "wake up" call to ensure that they aren't late :)

francinejayne
22-12-2011, 04:38 PM
well mum came to pick up mindee up and said "we didn't realise M was the only one with you over the holidays, so from now on over Christmas we will drop him off at 10, then we can all have a lie in!"

hurrah!!! I am very happy now! :clapping:

Roseolivia
22-12-2011, 05:57 PM
well mum came to pick up mindee up and said "we didn't realise M was the only one with you over the holidays, so from now on over Christmas we will drop him off at 10, then we can all have a lie in!"

hurrah!!! I am very happy now! :clapping:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Chatterbox Childcare
22-12-2011, 06:14 PM
I would explain to the parents that their children are the only ones you have and that you would like not to have to get up if you don't have to and could they call you as they leave their house

Then I would stay in bed with my coffee until you hear them pull up and then jump out of bed and throw my clothes on.

Jiorjiina
22-12-2011, 08:41 PM

Actually, I think he's downright rude! If he has a day off and is likely to lie in, of course he can let you know the night before. Otherwise, he can damn well get up like you have to to bring mindee to you before going home and back to sleep!

IndigoMoon
23-12-2011, 07:22 AM
His reply does make sense, but I think it was also a bit rude!

Glad mum has more sense!

dusky777
23-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Excatly the same problem yesterday and today mindee finally turned up at 10.30!! i Had been up and ready with my los from 7.30 i could have actually done my food shop which im desperate to do and been home and not stress like i am now. Then to top it all off she says she will pick up early and los still here arghhhhhh!!!!