PDA

View Full Version : Lovely parents

Katiekoo
21-12-2011, 09:15 PM
I must be one of the lucky ones, the parents of the children I care for are so lovely and really have made me feel special. On my birthday and for christmas they have got me really thoughtful gifts and messages. As I said I am very lucky, and it's not all plain sailing. ;)
Just wanted to share a positive message about parents and good relationships, spread a little kindness this Christmas it's contagious! :D

winstonian
21-12-2011, 09:26 PM
I agree - just had a text from a mummy to say her little ones homemade pressies are so lovely that they made her cry and thanking us for looking after her so well :) - Made my night!

karensmart4
21-12-2011, 09:26 PM
I have a parent who bought me a lovely gift bag of pressies for Christmas (I've put it under the tree so don't know whats in it yet) she also gave me a bottle of wine and 2 bunches of flowers.... not only that, she gave me £50 to take myself and my 2 assistants out for a drink because she said we're worth it :jump for joy:

karensmart4
21-12-2011, 09:28 PM
I agree - just had a text from a mummy to say her little ones homemade pressies are so lovely that they made her cry and thanking us for looking after her so well :) - Made my night!

Ahh thats lovely, one of my parents did the same bless her :jump for joy:

Blemblem
21-12-2011, 09:30 PM
I have lovely parents to. I had pressies and cards for my birthday and so far chocolates and wine for christmas.

I know I am very lucky to have such wonderful parents.:clapping:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE

funemnx
21-12-2011, 09:36 PM
I have got gifts from all of my parents and opened one today it was in a gift bag so compulsory :blush: ) the most beautiful silver and turquoise earings and necklace! I love turquoise and have been wearing them all day - the card had such a lovely message in it too :)

watgem
22-12-2011, 10:09 PM
me too my parents have been very supportive through a difficult year and given me loads of pressies even though we are all skint, I'm sure the lovely ones outnumber the mean ones :)

EmmaReed84
23-12-2011, 06:29 AM
I am so pleased loads of people have lovely parents. I feel soooo lucky. My first family were full time siblings and the parents are so nice couldnt believe how lucky I was to get that straight away. My next family are for one schoolie.

Siblings mum was coming to pick up mindees and younest fell and cried. She got up and came to me for a cuddle so I gave her a quick one and passed her to mum. Mum said "Awww she went to work mummy for a cuddle" so I said "Ahh well nothing beats real mummy" and she smiled. It felt so nice for her to say what she did.

The schoolies parents came to collect one day and schoolie was telling her funny stories saying mummy was a hairdresser, doctor and a childminder. Her mum said "Oh no I cant be a childminder, we like Emma too much for ME to be your childminder" :blush: :blush:

It is comments like that make me feel valued

IndigoMoon
23-12-2011, 07:13 AM
Some lovely parents out there. Three out of my five sets of parents gave me a card/gift this year. The other two both wished me a happy Christmas :)