PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't I take the week off?!

buzzy bee
21-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Last year I was ill on Christmas day (possibly because a mum sent her very poorly son to me on xmas eve, even though she had the day off work!!)

I vowed that this year I wouldn't work the week before xmas, but I am, and one of my mindees is still coming to me even though both his parents are off work with flu. The worst thing about this is that they're my friends so they should (in my opinion) keep him home so that I don't get ill!!

I am not going to be able to taste my christmas dinner again, am I?

:(

Zoomie
21-12-2011, 06:21 PM
I have just finished but next year I think I am shutting for the whole of the school holidays. My middle child has repeatedly told me I have ruined his Xmas holiday cos I am working :rolleyes: .

Hope you stay well :)

mama2three
21-12-2011, 06:38 PM
I have just finished but next year I think I am shutting for the whole of the school holidays. My middle child has repeatedly told me I have ruined his Xmas holiday cos I am working :rolleyes: .

Hope you stay well :)

I would remind your ds that it would be ruined even more if you didnt work and couldnt afford any christmas presents :)
Hope you manage to keep the germs at bay buzzy bee x

Dragonfly
21-12-2011, 07:04 PM
I was ill a couple of days before xmas last year.This year the children are appearing with coughs, colds etc phone call just now to say a tomorrows child has had conjuntivitis and has been on medication for two days but will be alright for tomorrow if thats alright.
Think you cant avoid all these things working with children, but i wish i could!!

crazyhazy
21-12-2011, 07:29 PM
We all ended up poorly here last xmas and I was working in between xmas and new year too, only really had xmas day and boxing day off and new years day, was horrid! This year I'm finishing at 12 on friday until the 4th jan, I am wishing a bit that I was off till our schools go back on the 9th but most of my mindees won;t be back till then anyway so hopefully it won;t be too stressful cos I'll be quiet. Hope you manage to avoid the germs! I've been dosing up on vit c and echineacha this year!