PDA

View Full Version : Holidays, how does this sound?

handeme
21-12-2011, 11:46 AM
So far this year I have only taken 5 days off, I am cloding tomorrow for chirstmas.

I have decided that I am going to take 4 weeks off next year but I am concerned that the parents will think it is a big jump for 5 days to 20. How does this letter sound?

I have decided that next year I am going to take 4 weeks holiday (20 days), this as per usual will be unpaid off time and will not be taken in odd days here and there but in full week blocks.
I can confirm the 10 days of the holidays will be taken from Monday 15th October until Friday 26th October 2012 as Simon and I will be taking the boys to Tenerife for a family holiday.
AS for the remaining 10 days I am not sure about the exact dates these will be taken but as always I will give you as much notice as possible and not less than 4 weeks stated in your contract.
You will remember in your contract is states that should our holidays coincide there will be no charge (you pay your normal hourly rate for your holidays). This will remain the same and hence the reason I am giving you notice of our big October holidays now.
To keep your payments simple, I have split the 48 weeks payments you will pay me over 12 months, so you know exactly every month of next year what is to be paid.
I have enclosed your January invoice at the new 48 week payment amount.
As always should you have any problems, don’t hesitate to let me know

C x

Pipsqueak
21-12-2011, 12:06 PM
So far this year I have only taken 5 days off, I am cloding tomorrow for chirstmas.

I have decided that I am going to take 4 weeks off next year but I am concerned that the parents will think it is a big jump for 5 days to 20. How does this letter sound?

I have decided that next year I am going to take 4 weeks holiday (20 days), this as per usual will be unpaid off time and will not be taken in odd days here and there but in full week blocks.
I can confirm the 10 days of the holidays will be taken from Monday 15th October until Friday 26th October 2012 as Simon and I will be taking the boys to Tenerife for a family holiday.
AS for the remaining 10 days I am not sure about the exact dates these will be taken but as always I will give you as much notice as possible and not less than 4 weeks stated in your contract.
You will remember in your contract is states that should our holidays coincide there will be no charge (you pay your normal hourly rate for your holidays). This will remain the same and hence the reason I am giving you notice of our big October holidays now.
To keep your payments simple, I have split the 48 weeks payments you will pay me over 12 months, so you know exactly every month of next year what is to be paid.
I have enclosed your January invoice at the new 48 week payment amount.
As always should you have any problems, don’t hesitate to let me know

C x

you take whatever hols you want - you are self employed
you take them when you want - you are self employed
you don't have to give reasons nor justify yourself - you are self employed

rickysmiths
21-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Well done! You should take at least 20 to 25 days off every years this is a physically and mentally demanding job.

I usually tell my parents by the end of Jan when I want to have holiday.

rosebud
21-12-2011, 02:57 PM
I think this is worded really nicely, so I hope you don't get any complaints!