PDA

View Full Version : first day of holidays and i'm already exhausted!

loocyloo
21-12-2011, 11:19 AM
as title says!

4 schoolies ( including my own 2 ) and 3 LO

we have made 3d snowflakes, dressed up, put on a puppet show, played with lego/duplo, made & decorated little 3d trees, made christmas tree decorations, making cards as i speak! also done dancing & singing! and its only 11.15!!!

the schoolies want to bake when LOs asleep ... i want to sit down !!!

luckily quiet day tomorrow, and then same as today on friday !!!

xxx

uf353432
21-12-2011, 11:25 AM
I have 6 kids every day until 5.30 on Friday and i'm grateful that the kids are chilling out right now. This morning we have already made reindeer food and reindeer biscuits. This afternoon they will make xmas decorations. Tomorrow we are going out for the morning and then Friday more baking. I'm so going to collapse in a heap on friday night and open a bottle of wine.

singingcactus
21-12-2011, 12:28 PM
So, you don't want to hear that I actually got a lie in today, till 10! (although am paying for it now with headache from hell). And all I've done so far, is facebook, twitter, spot clean the snakes and peruse the net for a tattoo design :).

Hope they let you get a rest later. Just think of all the memories you are making with the kids :) Have fun x

singingcactus
21-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Oh, should have said, if you want 20 minutes peace - bring out a stack of A4 paper, show them how to make paper aerplanes and sit back and watch the madness unfold. Even more fun is if they cut out a tiny little paper man to sit in the aerplane as it flies (cos he usually falls out lol).

loocyloo
21-12-2011, 12:33 PM
LO asleep,

Ds running round garden with a football and 3 girls making up a dance to some christmas songs :D

uf353432
21-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Baby is practising walking

2 yr old asleep

5 yr old, 2 6 yr old, 3 yr old are playing a role play game - sounds very exciting!

2 about to go home at 2.15 and then i'm taking the 4 girls into town for a cafe trip as a treat :)

breezy
21-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Day 3 here, shattered is not the word, waiting for crafts to dry before next bit, free play for them, coffee for me! I did try to get them to play
" childminders" and they could look after me while I had a sleep, but they thought I was silly :rolleyes:

samb
21-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Oh gosh I know the feeling! Had 3, 5, 6 and 6 today. Tomorrow have that plus 22months then fri just my 2 plus 6yr old. The older ones seem to need so much more planning, entertaining and splitting up than the EY ones!Worst is my dd(6) so don't even get to have a proper break at the end of the day! :(

Today we set up dens, marble run, did loads of xmas worksheet type things, did a story telling sequencing game, made xmas stars to hang on the tree, made xmas biscuits and decorated a paper plate to put them on for parents, went for a walk round village posting cards and we popped into the sweet shop as a treat, had a little disco with curtains drawn and xmas lights and music on, watched a disney sing a long xmas dvd, fancy dress, made up a xmas play plus did puzzles, read books, played with cars and littlest pet shop, remote control toys and used voice recorders to listen to ourselves - they were still finding time to jump on the sofa, screech, run into each other etc!

IndigoMoon
23-12-2011, 07:09 AM
With older ones a DVD and popcorn always seems to go down well here :)