PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on claiming fees?

Twoshoes
19-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Hi, Im a parent posting on behalf of my childminder, we are trying to find out some info on fee's.

Currently my childminder gets paid by my college while I do my degree.

My course finishes this week and I will not get subsidy through the summer, and cannot afford the cost myself.

My daughter is 3, so entitled to 5 mornings, can my childminder claim this, or is it only through nurseries?

I really dont want Isobel to go to a nursery, as had such bad experience, and my childminder is fab, and collects the eldest from school once a week too.

Can someone give advice on what we could do, otherwise Ill be forced into giving her space away and giving 4 weeks notice to my minder...

Help!

Lou xox

teacake2
19-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Hi, your Childminder would only be able to offer you funding if she was an Accredited Network Childminder, also the funding is only offered term time.
Sorry I can't help anymore.
Teacake2

ajs
19-05-2008, 02:46 PM
hi lou
the only thing i can think of is if you're not earnign but your partner is then you may be eligible for tax credits and they may take over your minder's fees.
i don't know who you call but if you look on direct.gov they can set you off in the right direction

good luck though x

angeldelight
19-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Your childminder can only claim the funding like Teacake said if she is an Accredited Childminder

Can you not claim Tax credits to help with your childcare costs - I would have thought you could have if you have 2 children to pay for ?

Angel xx

angeldelight
19-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Posted together Mandy haha

Angel xx

Noodles
19-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Unfortunatley you will not get the childcare element of tax credits if you are not working:(

tulip0803
19-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Unfortunatley you will not get the childcare element of tax credits if you are not working:(

To claim tax credits you have to be employed for at least 16 hours (both if claiming as a couple) The parents/minders round here have this problem too.

sarah707
19-05-2008, 04:56 PM
You might find this website helpful :D

http://payingforchildcare.org.uk/