PDA

View Full Version : Potty training - why now?

funemnx
20-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Mum decided she was going to potty train a little lad I mind over Christmas. I wasn't expecting him to turn up on Monday with pants on as I'm only working 'till Wednesday and then close for Christmas until Jan 3rd. Why oh why this week when it could have waited a few days!!! sigh....

To be honest, yesterday and today haven't been too bad with just a few accidents (good job I didn't get round to steam cleaning the carpets last weekend though! :rolleyes:

EmmaReed84
20-12-2011, 05:57 PM
I have told my parent that I will be potty training DS during my 10 days hols as I cant give him the close attention he needs.

She mentioned that maybe when DS was trained it may push her son to want to try more. So I casually mentioned I would be happy to look out for the signs but I will not potty train him. If she wants him to be trained she can take a few days holiday and start it herself and I will help to continue. I just couldnt not be doing with it. I dont think I could give it all the attention it needs... Not when I have 3 children who are all under 3 to watch

sarah707
20-12-2011, 06:05 PM
My policy says they must be pretty much reliable about asking to go and able to hold on for a little while before they come in pants.

I have 2 who are more than ready to train so I gave mums a copy of my policy last week ready for them to give it a go over the holidays.

if they work at it they should be ready in the new year when they come back - fingers crossed! :D

candy cat
20-12-2011, 07:17 PM
I sent my policy out today...suggested they wait until it gets a bit warmer :)

dette
20-12-2011, 09:58 PM
I've always been happy to potty train.In my previous house it had victorian tiles right through the ground floor and a toilet right in the middle between toy room and dining room with tiles leading up to it,all ideal for unexpected puddles but now in this house it has carpets and the toilet is through at the back of the house so thats why i have a top of the range carpet cleaner :)
.i,ve potty trained all my own seven children starting at about 18month and have all been totaly dry before 2.I dont make a big deal about it.Quite often little ones are capable of potty training long before their parents !! and they gradually learn what their body is doing.I suppose thats one of the luxuries of this job, my kids can wee on their own carpet and it can take as long or as short as they need it to take to potty train.
I think parents appreciate the help and support and encouragement i give to them and their child during this period and they know i really dont mind the wee ...or even the poo.
I know it can be a bit messy and time consuming but so is learning to eat with a spoon and drink from a cup with no lid.i have always considered it part of my job to potty train as long as i have plenty of bounty or is it plenty of plenty now :)