PDA

View Full Version : Mindee's siblings

kellib
20-12-2011, 05:03 PM
What do you do at Christmas time for the sibling's of mindees?

I have 2 babies who come to me during the week, both have older siblings (age 5) who don't come to me.

I have obviously got the babies Christmas presents but now I'm wondering if I should get something for their siblings too, even just a tube of sweets?

gigglinggoblin
20-12-2011, 05:16 PM
I got mindees to wrap presents for siblings but they are a bit older than babies. I got some little playdough things for them, didnt spend a lot but its the thought that counts!

Mouse
20-12-2011, 05:19 PM
I only buy presents for mindees, not their siblings.

But mindees do make cakes or biscuits to take home & I make sure there is one for each member of the family.

breezy
20-12-2011, 05:28 PM
I only do mindees and any siblings I mind (even if it's only occasionally).

manjay
20-12-2011, 05:30 PM
I do for older siblings that used to come to me. Others I don't:D . With 10 children on the books it could get really expensive. However I do the same as Mouse and everytime baking goes home there is enough for all the family.

kellib
20-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks everyone :)

I wasn't planning on getting mindee's siblings anything but didn't want to do anything out of turn :D

I'll discreetly hand over mindee's present to Mum tomorrow, I think that's why I feel a bit bad, handing over presents in front of kids who aren't getting any :laughing:

onceinabluemoon
20-12-2011, 06:12 PM
I only give presents to mindees. Some of my mindees have 5 or 6 brothers and sisters, lol

Helen Dempster
20-12-2011, 06:24 PM
2 mindees I look after are siblings, so I'm buying for each of them. Another mindee has a sibling who I used to look after when I first started minding, so I'm just getting her a little token (choc variety pack). Not buying a main pressie for her as I don't look after her anymore.

rosebud
20-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Depends on family, ages of children, etc. If they're much older then no I don't but I currently care for siblings age 1 and 2 and they have a 4 year old brother that I don't care for, I can't give them both a present and not him so I've bought an extra one for him. I haven't spent much on them anyway so it won't break the bank. I'd probably think differently if I had a lot of children on my books though.