PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear - I am a bad minder!! :-/

Newbie1!
20-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Well here I sit, four mindees all curled up on the sofa under piles of blankets, watching disney films and eating chocolate biccies....naughty me!! But cant help feel that every so often it doesnt hurt to just chill out and let them please themselves for a little while (and this conveniently coincides with the fact that I feel like Im about to die from this blinkin lergy!!) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

caz3007
20-12-2011, 03:12 PM
In my view its what their parents would do if they werent feeling too well. I am sure the parents will be pleased you still have LO's and they can still go to work, so sure they wont worry about watching DVD's. I think all the LO's could probably do with some chilling cos the next week I am sure will be manic for them and routines will be out the window.

Penny1959
20-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Can't see the harm myself -

- all 4 under 2's sat on cushions here - watch Pingu DVD after having Christmas party lunch that included party rings, choc rolls, crisps, pink waffers, sausages, pizza - oh and just to ensure some sort of 'balanced diet ' cucummber and satsuma

Nope can't see anything wrong - now and then (and we shall be repeating on Friday for those not here today.

Penny :)

nannysue
20-12-2011, 03:17 PM
And why not !!!!!:D

We often do it , we draw the curtains , have some popcorn and call it a cinema afternoon , they love it .

Parents think its a great idea :thumbsup:

marnieb
20-12-2011, 04:11 PM
it's ok - I'm a bad minder too! Spent the morning doing Xmas crafts, then while the baby slept, dd and mindee L have watched 2 hours of Peppa Pig and Ben & Holly!!!

jamiebec2000
20-12-2011, 04:29 PM
And me ...
A morning of Christmas craft, den making, lego building, followed by lunch and an 11/2 at the park playing football, and on slides, we called in Curtis' on the way home and sat watching bbc i player, peace for 5 and a hot cuppa tea for me :)

Enjoy x

Linda Mc
20-12-2011, 05:01 PM
I think it's a fab idea! :thumbsup: at my children's schools they have DVD afternoons & fun leading up to Christmas holidays so why can't we.

Wish you better would be awful to be poorly on Christmas day! .... Mind you it might get you out of cooking dinner! :laughing:

AliceK
20-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Aren't you lot lucky that you don't have any mindees for whom TV is banned. If I had a DVD afternoon I would not be popular :(

xxxx

breezy
20-12-2011, 05:30 PM
We're vegging out watching cartoons at the moment waiting for parents!

onceinabluemoon
20-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Fab idea, unfortunately mine are all under 1.5Y so not yet the sitting and watching a movie age .... next year ;)

blue bear
20-12-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm a bad minder too, homemade popcorn followed by cinema at hone yesterday afternoon, children have been asking forever and were so excited when they arrived yesterday multiple DVDs clutched in their hands!

Doing it again tomorrow( different children )

EmmaReed84
20-12-2011, 05:36 PM
I have one mindee who is with me Thur and Fri until 7pm so we have "Friday Film Night" Kiddy winks all cuddle up under the blanket and watch a film. By the end of the week they are all shot to piece and barely staying awake.

Sometimes we do "Cinema Time" turn all the lights off and have Popcorn, sweets, drink and various other nibbles as an extra special treat.

xgemx
20-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Aww it sounds lovely all kiddies need a bit of chill time

~Grasshopper~
20-12-2011, 07:26 PM
we did this yesterday and today :), busy morning finishing crafts, then an hour at soft play then we bought a box office movie and all chilled out.

:) x

Mookins
20-12-2011, 08:09 PM
sounds like a fab idea...may have to copy for the rest of this week lol

xx

mushpea
20-12-2011, 08:49 PM
me too but I do it the other way round,, my two lay in in the hols then get up and watch about an hour of tv whilst eating their brekie so any mindees that are here get to sit and watch tv to start with then we have activities after.

Tatjana
20-12-2011, 09:27 PM
I tried so hard to be a bad minder today, whilst the lo's napped I offered the older ones a dvd....after much debate ( arguing) what to put on, finally I put one on....they all said they were bored of it after 20 mins:eek: :rolleyes: :panic:

singlewiththree
20-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Aren't you lot lucky that you don't have any mindees for whom TV is banned. If I had a DVD afternoon I would not be popular :(

xxxx

Mine are allowed TV but not the unhealthy snacks, I have strict instructions of what they can and can't have but then mum bribes her with chocolate on the way out :rolleyes:

Cinderbella
20-12-2011, 09:58 PM
We are doing this tomorrow, mindee said she has Rudolf DVD she would like to share so we are shutting the curtains, getting some blankets, popcorn and I might find some sweeties if there lucky :jump for joy:

The Juggler
20-12-2011, 10:06 PM
after 4pm today i only had one nearly 3 year old, so she, dd and ds and me all snuggled up to watch an xmas dvd. :)

AliceK
21-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Mine are allowed TV but not the unhealthy snacks, I have strict instructions of what they can and can't have but then mum bribes her with chocolate on the way out :rolleyes:

My FT isn't allowed TV or any unhealthy snacks. It's very hard :(

xxx

Chimps Childminding
21-12-2011, 05:24 PM
We had a Christmas DVD on in the background this morning, but we had 1 x 6 year old, 1 x 4 1/2 year old, 1 x 2 year old and 2 x 1 year olds between us, so not actually much of it was seen or heard :laughing: had party at lunchtime for the ones today and another tomorrow for the ones who weren't here today, plus 2 that were!

Then we are finished till after Christmas (or in June's case after New year) :clapping: :clapping:

Thank goodness, the schoolies are worn out - the 4 1/2 year old was carried in fast asleep this morning and also fell asleep this afternoon - and the 6 year old was really quiet and lay on the sofa trying to watch the dvd this morning - and I am flagging quickly!!!