PDA

View Full Version : So quiet....

mum2two
19-05-2008, 01:53 PM
....on the enquiry front. Hence me asking the Q earlier about chasing up.

I've had 3 enquiries this year. 1 starts in July, (that was from Feb!), one started & never paid, and this other one, that has been to see 4 minders with vacancies.

I hate this part of it. I've got ads up, we've just done another leaflet drop, but unless someones needs childcare, there's nothing more I can do. Plus the fact that 4 of the other minders in the village are all getting spaces from Sept due to kids going to school, so we're all fighting for the same children!!

I need a big influx of babies to be born to sort us all out!

Just thought I'd let off steam - sorry!

Kelly x

mum22
19-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Hi Kelly

Same in my area - I agree big baby boom needed - need to start a few power cuts to get the ball rolling - IYSWIM !!:laughing:

x helen

angeldelight
19-05-2008, 03:09 PM
It is the opposite in my area

I just get calls for babys and I dont want any more

I will send some your way haha

Angel xx

littlesprogs
19-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Its the opposite here too. Theres 10 women pregnant on my street alone including me! I will send them your way too!

berkschick
19-05-2008, 03:15 PM
It is the opposite here too, I get at least 3 enquiries a week.

All for under 2 though, never any school pickups!

Will try and send some your way!

ajs
19-05-2008, 03:29 PM
sorry i know we're not much help but i have had to turn people away as well, although i am not full with my lo sibling being born in july i know that come january i'll be asking for a variation to fit him in

mum2two
19-05-2008, 04:02 PM
It is the opposite here too, I get at least 3 enquiries a week.

All for under 2 though, never any school pickups!

Will try and send some your way!

Where about's in Berkshire are you. We're not far from Reading? Haven't noticed many people from near me. :(

Kelly x

miffy
19-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Hope it picks up for you soon Kelly

miffy xx

jaja
19-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Hi Kelly

Your not alone, i am wishing the phone to ring, i am down to one child and struggling to make ends meet too... It horrible waiting for the phone but i am sure it will pick up.good luck xxx

Mollymop
19-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Hope it works out for you babe. Fingers crossed there are lots of babies about to be born x

berkschick
19-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Where about's in Berkshire are you. We're not far from Reading? Haven't noticed many people from near me. :(

Kelly x

I am in Lower Earley :D

mum2two
20-05-2008, 06:24 AM
Oh not too far from me. We sometimes pop up to that Asda - or the Toby Carvery!!! :)

Kelly x

devoncm
20-05-2008, 08:31 AM
hope it picks up for you soon.
im in same boat got ads up everywhere done leaflet drop-and nothing
if only the phone would ring
i only have one mindee who comes 2 hrs after school and not at all in holidays!

berkschick
20-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Oh not too far from me. We sometimes pop up to that Asda - or the Toby Carvery!!! :)

Kelly x

Asda not too far from me at all!

We will have to arrange to meet in the cafe there sometime.