PDA

View Full Version : Do you keep food receipts?

buzzy bee
19-12-2011, 02:24 PM
I read something which said that we are required by law to keep all our food receipts... do you know if this is true?

If so I had better start! :blush:

aly
19-12-2011, 02:33 PM
it's not law as such and it's not for book keeping...it's for food hygiene reasons...you need to keep them for 3 months just incase someone is ill..

AliceK
19-12-2011, 02:50 PM
I keep my food receipts for a week after which time all the food has been eaten so they then get thrown away.

xxxx

uf353432
19-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Its a requirement of any premises which cooks food for children to keep the food receipts for a period of time approx 4 weeks so that in the event that a child gets food poisoning there is traceability back to where the food was bought.

If all you do is reheat food prepped by parents, do occasional snacks, dish out lunchboxes or do emergency meals once is a blue moon then you are exempt from this requirement.

All my receipts are kept because they go through my accounts anyway.

buzzy bee
19-12-2011, 04:41 PM
thanks for the help :thumbsup:

Mrs Book
19-12-2011, 04:44 PM
My food receipts just get chucked at my husband for my accounts. Very interesting reading if you look at receipts from the same time the month before. Reading them shows just how much food has gone up in such a short time.