PDA

View Full Version : xmas party for one year olds

It's a small world
19-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Little help please. Left it a little late but decided to do a little xmas party for mindees. 3 x 1year olds.

Any ideas? They have done a few crafts and presents for parents (with difficulty as EVERYTHING goe is their mouths

Thanks in advance x

Penny1959
19-12-2011, 01:11 PM
I have also decided to do a party for my little ones (all under 2)- and also only just decided to do it - well them - as will have to do one tomorrow and one Friday which is my last day.

So plan is

Hunt the Santa game - I hide toy Santa's around the playroom (not really hid just placed in slightly unusual places) They find them. Claps for winners

Making party hats - as last minute - I will cut crowns they will stick Christmas stickers on them (They have just about mastered putting stickers randomly on paper and patting them down)

Musical bumps - play Christmas music - they dance - when stop they sit down - we all clap when last one sits down ( sort of pride in fact all sat down)

Singing Christmas songs - we have been practising this - I sing they join in with odd words here and there / ring their Jingle Bells

Party lunch - normal sort of lunch but with some party biscuits/ cakes as well

Followed as usual be nap time.

I hope it goes well - and that your is also a success.

Penny :)

It's a small world
19-12-2011, 01:32 PM
I have also decided to do a party for my little ones (all under 2)- and also only just decided to do it - well them - as will have to do one tomorrow and one Friday which is my last day.

So plan is

Hunt the Santa game - I hide toy Santa's around the playroom (not really hid just placed in slightly unusual places) They find them. Claps for winners

Making party hats - as last minute - I will cut crowns they will stick Christmas stickers on them (They have just about mastered putting stickers randomly on paper and patting them down)

Musical bumps - play Christmas music - they dance - when stop they sit down - we all clap when last one sits down ( sort of pride in fact all sat down)

Singing Christmas songs - we have been practising this - I sing they join in with odd words here and there / ring their Jingle Bells

Party lunch - normal sort of lunch but with some party biscuits/ cakes as well

Followed as usual be nap time.

I hope it goes well - and that your is also a success.

Penny :)

Thanks that helps. I have some xmas stickers so can make hats with them. Got a couple of cheap gifts (Books from £1 shop etc) so everyone will get a prize) I have 3 disney characters dressed in xmas clothes I could hide (within site each one and children can find them. I have also had lots of xmas songs playing so maybe get the instruments out and play them 'in tune' with the music. Plus partyish food - xmas tree sandwiches etc . Thank you so much...xxxx

Hope your party goes to plan too. x

chez
19-12-2011, 01:35 PM
We have a party on Wedneday with 3 other settings.

8 adults (assitant minders too) and about 18 children!

We are going to have party games, crafts and a cooked roast dinner.

Louise317
19-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Penny sounds such a fun day, hope they go well. I've only got one mindee part time this week and only 18mths but have him whole day tomorrow with my two so may try to stick a couple of bits in.

I've got some foam xmas stickers and glitter pens so I could do crowns in the morning. Did Reindeer food this morning and did salt dough stars last week and I have some printable xmas activities - mindee was sick, other one on holiday so my plans have somewhat gone out the window!!

But been making note of plans for next xmas planning :)

It's a small world
19-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Penny sounds such a fun day, hope they go well. I've only got one mindee part time this week and only 18mths but have him whole day tomorrow with my two so may try to stick a couple of bits in.

I've got some foam xmas stickers and glitter pens so I could do crowns in the morning. Did Reindeer food this morning and did salt dough stars last week and I have some printable xmas activities - mindee was sick, other one on holiday so my plans have somewhat gone out the window!!

But been making note of plans for next xmas planning :)

We've made cinnammon stars / hand wreaths / thumbprint keyrings (one for each parent.)

Still have to do reindeer food that will be tomorrow . Tissue paper baubles, and cracker cards (another thread) basically a cracker that has flaps and when you open the flaps theres a picture of mindee wishing parents a merry xmas.

Hope everyone has fab parties and thanks for the ideas...x

WibbleWobble
19-12-2011, 02:00 PM
we did a party for

1x 1 yr old

4 x 2 yrs old

and a 3 yr old

we didnt do any games as such but we made crowns and snow men out of loo roll tubes and cotton wool.

we did have a dance to some chrsitmas music and generally pplay about.

to eat i did tiny sandwiches. someorganic puffs, tomatoes, cucumber. bread sticks and dip. and a pizza. i got some lovely little mini rolls with a christmas tree on.

they stuffed their faces and had a great time

mandy xxxxxx