PDA

View Full Version : Talk about leaving it till the last minute!

Cazz
18-12-2011, 12:58 AM
8.45pm on Saturday evening and I get a phone call from someone needing child care for her 2 year old son - 3 hours on Monday and 9 hours on Tuesday because "the nursery is closed"!

Presumably the nursery had notified her earlier about being closed - I couldn't help her and know that all the childminders near me are really busy this week as well.

Talk about leaving it till the last minute!

Playmate
18-12-2011, 08:22 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how some people are so unorganised.

Penny1959
18-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Maybe she has not heard about registered childminding - and thinks you can have as many as you want - when you want

or maybe she thinks that childminders are never full because most people send their children to nursery

or maybe she just thinks she can be disorganised and someone will bend over backwards to sort out the issue.

However looking from the other side - it might be an emergency closure at the nursery or the letter about it might not have reached the parent if someone else picked up the child - and the parent may now be in a mad panic trying to find proper registered childcare at short notice

Penny :)

kel1983
18-12-2011, 10:30 AM
I had a phone call last Thursday evening at 9.30pm sking if II could have her little girl the next morning as she has just found ouut the nursery ws shut. Lukily I did have space for her. She was a lovely little girl and came straight in and got on with the others. The mum was so greatful.

little chickee
18-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Last year i got a phone call from a Dad wanting me to look after his 4yo daughter.

I said i had a space and he said " great i'll be round in 10 minutes, I'll drop her off and i'll be back about 6pm"!!!

I said it doesnt really work like that and he couldn't understand why not!

miffy
18-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Last year i got a phone call from a Dad wanting me to look after his 4yo daughter.

I said i had a space and he said " great i'll be round in 10 minutes, I'll drop her off and i'll be back about 6pm"!!!

I said it doesnt really work like that and he couldn't understand why not!

:eek: Horrified that someone could do that!

Miffy xx

Cazz
18-12-2011, 10:48 PM
:eek: Horrified that someone could do that!

Miffy xx

Me too!!

Who in their right mind would drop their child off with someone without even meeting them first - even if they are registered?!