PDA

View Full Version : Lets Celebrate

Playmate
17-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Well we finished work yesterday afternoon until 3rd January, however today we held a buffet lunch celebration for all our children and their parents to thank them for their support through our Herts Quality Standards Award; which we completed last month and were notified of verification last week (each module required input from parents and children and they all certainly made us feel proud with the feedback they all provided) :D Also we have become Accredited and 2 parents will be taking advantage of the 15 hrs funding in the forth coming year :clapping:

It was a manic few hours with all 9 children in attendence and 7 sets of parents, but it was lovely. We put together a DVD of all the children's photo's over the year and played it in the background; which the children and their parents loved :clapping: I must admit I hadn't realised just how much we had done in the year until I saw it all put together!

I have had several days this week when I wondered why I was still doing this job, but today I know why. Seeing all the children playing together and 7 sets of parents who very much appreciate what we do for their children :D We are totally overwhelmed by the gifts they have given us us including £70 worth of John Lewis vouchers, 3 bottles of champagne and yummy M&S hamper to mention a few! It hasn't always been this way it has taken several years of working in partnership with parents to actually feel as though we are appreciated. The gifts are lovely, but the words of grattitude and the smiles on the children's face's mean so much more and long may they continue.

Everything is now put away until January and we are very much looking forward to a 2 week rest (after I have finished my 2,500 word essay :panic: ). But come January we will be raring to go for another fun packed exciting year of the best profession ever :clapping: :clapping:

Roseolivia
17-12-2011, 05:16 PM
It's great when you get good parents, enjoy your time off work and congrats on your achievement.

Pauline
17-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Oh wow that makes it all so worth while. Enjoy your time off. Don't want to spoil the day but it will fly past :laughing:

Playmate
17-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Oh wow that makes it all so worth while. Enjoy your time off. Don't want to spoil the day but it will fly past :laughing:

I'm under no illusion Pauline, I know :D

Chimps Childminding
17-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Congratulations on your achievements, and glad you had a lovely day!!!

If only parents realised that showing a bit of appreciation for all the effort we put in makes a world of difference to how we feel :rolleyes: I don't mean gifts, though they are nice, but just to show/tell you that you are doing a good job, and that they appreciate it goes a long way!!!

Enjoy your rest - but give a thought to us that are still working :(

PixiePetal
17-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Enjoy your time off :)

The celebration lunch sounded fun.

I am working 3 days next week - finish on Thursday :rolleyes: then off till 4th :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
17-12-2011, 06:47 PM
sounds like you have wonderful parents how nice to be so appreicated.

Enjoy your time off :thumbsup:

Playmate
17-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Congratulations on your achievements, and glad you had a lovely day!!!

If only parents realised that showing a bit of appreciation for all the effort we put in makes a world of difference to how we feel :rolleyes: I don't mean gifts, though they are nice, but just to show/tell you that you are doing a good job, and that they appreciate it goes a long way!!!

Enjoy your rest - but give a thought to us that are still working :(

You are so right Carolyn, the one thing that doing this scheme has taught us is working in partnership is so important. Each module had a parent questionnaire, where they were able to express what we do well and put suggestions for improvement if they felt necessary. A few suggestions were put forward and we made changes to reflect this. One thing that most of our parents are now grasping is the importance of 2 way communication and how our planning can be informed by them, in accordance to their child's interest and needs. Most of our communication is done through email as we appreciate they like us are very busy, but we all live in the virtual world and seem to make more time to communicate this way. :D

Carol M
17-12-2011, 07:45 PM
This makes it so worthwhile, doesn't it.
Congratulations.
Having our childrens Christmas lunch and party on Tuesday (last day)
Carol xx

PixiePetal
17-12-2011, 07:58 PM
I am having a Christmas celebration but not with current sibling mindees:o

I am having 2 of my old mindees for the day Tuesday (11 and almost 13) then invited a few other ex mindees too for tea with parents :thumbsup: My mindee who left for school in Sept is coming as is a nearly 7 yr old who comes on occasional inset days. Should have 12 yr old girl if they can make it and possibly another 12 yr old I had from 9 months till she was 8! Will be nice to catch up with families.

Been a tough year for me and these families who keep in touch remind me I am doing a great job :D :)

Playmate
17-12-2011, 07:59 PM
This makes it so worthwhile, doesn't it.
Congratulations.
Having our childrens Christmas lunch and party on Tuesday (last day)
Carol xx

I certainly does Carol :D Enjoy your lunch on Tuesday x

Playmate
17-12-2011, 08:01 PM
I am having a Christmas celebration but not with current sibling mindees:o

I am having 2 of my old mindees for the day Tuesday (11 and almost 13) then invited a few other ex mindees too for tea with parents :thumbsup: My mindee who left for school in Sept is coming as is a nearly 7 yr old who comes on occasional inset days. Should have 12 yr old girl if they can make it and possibly another 12 yr old I had from 9 months till she was 8! Will be nice to catch up with families.

Been a tough year for me and these families who keep in touch remind me I am doing a great job :D :)

Thats a lovely idea, so hope things look better in 2012 :thumbsup:

funemnx
17-12-2011, 08:38 PM
What an amazing way to celebrate, with all of your mindees and parents there to share! Enjoy your break and Merry Christmas! :thumbsup:

samb
17-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Wow that sounds so fantastic! What an inspiration you are! I am going to be doing my county's quality award starting next year - and now I am going to aim for a great celebration at the end too :)

sarah707
17-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Wow you have had a busy time! Congratulations finishing it... enjoy your holiday! :D

rickysmiths
17-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Have a great rest. Congrats on getting the new quality assurance I know it has been a labour of love.

I finished on Thursday until 3rd Jan. Had my parents/mindees party last Sunday afternoon and it was great fun and appreciated by all.

Penny1959
18-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Well done Playmate and Blueboy on everything that you have achieved this year - I know you have worked very hard and I also know at times you have questioned why you put so much in to your childminding and volunteering for NCMA - so pleased that it has all come together now and you have clear evidence why you do it.

Enjoy your Christmas break and hopefully our paths will cross on occassion during 2012

(actually I am a tad jealous - as I don't break up until Friday :( )

Penny :)

Playmate
18-12-2011, 08:27 PM
thank you Penny you are right, I think we all wonder sometimes why we but so much effort in, however the hard work does pay off and the moment I'm still buzzing from it :D Still have to struggle to get through my degree, but I know come July I will be happy that I have done it. I know people think we are mad, but professional development does pay and if reflected on and changes are made, it certainly can make a huge difference to your business.:D

The Juggler
18-12-2011, 08:51 PM
well done both of you on becoming accredited and your parents showed you yesterday just how much you two are needed.

enjoy your rest both xxx

christine e
18-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Sounds like you had a lovely party with some lovely folk

Merry Christmas to you both (have to be really careful when typing Christmas as is sometimes comes out as Merry Christine:laughing: )

Cx

miffy
18-12-2011, 09:50 PM
How lovely to be appreciated!

Enjoy your break

Miffy xx

miffy
18-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Merry Christmas to you both (have to be really careful when typing Christmas as is sometimes comes out as Merry Christine:laughing: )

Cx

That made me smile Christine!

Miffy xx