PDA

View Full Version : so nice to see

Bevbeetle
16-12-2011, 07:06 PM
dropped all the mindees off at school had to go office come back through the school teacher had all her class out with there hands out and tougue out catching snow the childrens laughter was lovely the teacher said to me i will prob get into trouble but the children love it at last a teacher having fun :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Twinkles
16-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Love it !

My youngest son went to a junior school that was situated in a very large old house attached to a park.
One year when it snowed the whole school abandoned lessons , found some old sledges in the attic and they all went and played in the snow.

Now that is what I call caring for the WHOLE child not just the academic abilities.:thumbsup:

breezy
16-12-2011, 07:42 PM
thats brilliant, what a great teacher :clapping:

Maza
16-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Our teacher did that one year and I will always remember that day - one of my best ever and a brilliant bonding experience for the whole class.

sweets
16-12-2011, 08:19 PM
The village school i used to pick up from abandoned lessons on snowy days and took all the kids on the village green to have snowman competitions.

brilliant!

LittleVoice
16-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Personally i think schools are missing opportunities like this. Sometimes its far to regimented and structured, children need time to be children and so do us adults! :laughing:

Jiorjiina
16-12-2011, 11:46 PM
The trick is to have fun and then find the educationalese to explain it!

Nature'sKids!
18-12-2011, 07:45 PM
How lovely!! :)

JulieA
19-12-2011, 07:28 AM
At my children's primary school I was chatting to the teacher in the doorway and she kept turning her back on me. Then she said "I'm not being rude, but if I see your son climbing that tree he is in I will have to ask him to get down, and he is doing such a great job!" Top teacher in my books! :laughing:

miffy
19-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Personally i think schools are missing opportunities like this. Sometimes its far to regimented and structured, children need time to be children and so do us adults! :laughing:

Very true!

Well done that teacher!

Miffy xx

ziggy
19-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Thank goodness, at last, its lovely to see/hear bout children being allowed to be children:)

rosebud
19-12-2011, 04:43 PM
The trick is to have fun and then find the educationalese to explain it!

So true. Everything can be explained as educational if done the right way!

xgemx
19-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Thats so rare to hear these days and i bet the kids loved it and it will be a memory of school that will last a lifetime

caz3007
19-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Until the last couple of winters, we didnt get much snow down here. On a snowy day a few years ago, the Juniors were allowed extra play in the morning so they could enjoy snow. I thought it was a great idea and the children wouldnt have paid attention in class, they would have been itching to get outside