PDA

View Full Version : planning and Learning journey together?

jadavi
15-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Hi, still trying to work out the best way of doing this to minimise my paperwork, produce enough evidence for Ofsted and not alienate the parents with jargon and produce a book the family will love.... I have a teacher parent keen for me to use scrap books like they do at school.

I have been doing a loose leaf file for LJ and doing planning with boxes showoing areas etc in my own files... does anyone have any idea how I can combine the two?
Sarah you said you do it all in one book? How do you make it child/parent friendly? Could I do planning in a scrap book? Also often the plan inv;lves more than one child...

baffled befuddled and bamboozled!!

sarah707
15-12-2011, 06:15 PM
My group planning is for all 8 children... then in each child's learning journey file I change it to show what each child has done.

So the learning journey contains things the child has done and said (observations), things I have planned for the child (individual planning), things parents have shared (info from home), things shared by other settings if appropriate (evidence of sharing)...

Hth :D

jadavi
16-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks Sarah and do you use colour coding to link to eyfs and actually say what the level is (ie using one handed tools)

Also do you have different sections of your page for different parts or is it all follow on paragraphs?

Finally how often do the parents see it?

I apprec your advice.

cheers
ja

sarah707
16-12-2011, 11:18 AM
No I don't use colour coding... but I have seen a childminder who does and her learning journeys look lovely really colourful and bright.

It's a loose leaf file so all planning goes on one page, obs on the back and any photo obs tagged on. It is filed month by month.

I try to get parents to comment every few months. If they feel it's getting too much for them I ask them verbally and write down their replies.

Ht h:D

jadavi
16-12-2011, 12:30 PM
tHANKS THATS REALLY HELPFUL. I prefer loose leaf too but the teacher parent is suggesting scrapbooks so have bought one today to try with a child to see if I like it.