PDA

View Full Version : Would this be rude?

buzzy bee
15-12-2011, 09:42 AM
A couple of my parents are often slow at paying me, and I'm a bit concerned about not being paid in time for January, so was thinking I might add this wording onto their invoice text message:

I know it's the holidays, but as my standing orders will still go out of my bank account on 1st January, please pay me on time!

Would this be rude / patronising?

Has anyone else done anything similar, or can you think of alternative wording?

sarahjane
15-12-2011, 09:49 AM
I have the same problem with my standing orders and direct debits so I am putting a note in with my invoices saying -

I would appreciate it if you could ensure that payment for January's invoice reaches my account by 30th December 2011 prior to the bank holiday weekend.
Many thanks.

Hopefully it will work otherwise I'm going to be in big trouble with the bank :eek:

Pipsqueak
15-12-2011, 09:51 AM
How about Pay me ON TIME or face the Wrath

AliceK
15-12-2011, 10:03 AM
All my invoices have a "Cleared Payment Required By X in order to avoid late payment charges" on them. This month the date is by 30th Dec. I'm worried too as if they don't pay on time I'm stuffed come the 1st Jan too. Mind you after charging late payment in the past (which didn't go down well) they are usually pretty good now.

xxx

Mouse
15-12-2011, 10:07 AM
A couple of my parents are often slow at paying me, and I'm a bit concerned about not being paid in time for January, so was thinking I might add this wording onto their invoice text message:

I know it's the holidays, but as my standing orders will still go out of my bank account on 1st January, please pay me on time!

Would this be rude / patronising?

Has anyone else done anything similar, or can you think of alternative wording?

I wouldn't put any reason why you need the money. It sounds as if you're trying to justify asking for it when you shouldn't have to - they should pay you on time. It sounds a bit apologetic and you're not the one with anything to apologise for!

AliceK's wording is ideal :thumbsup:

angeldelight
15-12-2011, 10:20 AM
I wouldn't put any reason why you need the money. It sounds as if you're trying to justify asking for it when you shouldn't have to - they should pay you on time. It sounds a bit apologetic and you're not the one with anything to apologise for!

AliceK's wording is ideal :thumbsup:

I agree

Hope you get your money on time

Angel x

The Juggler
15-12-2011, 11:09 AM
"Please remember that payments take longer to process over the holiday period. Whilst I hate to charge late fees for payments not cleared in my account by the due date, I will have to do this to cover various bank charges that such late payments will incur. So just a gentle reminder to ensure payments are actioned in plenty of time for the due date. :) "

Toothfairy
15-12-2011, 11:58 AM
I have just sent a memo home to everyone for the same reason.

I wrote;
Dear Parents, Just a little reminder, that due to the Christmas holidays, all Childcare Vouchers must be activated by the 19th December to clear in time for payday on the 27th.
Please also remember that cheques take 5 full working days to clear too.

Many thanks