PDA

View Full Version : a couple of qu...

angiemog
15-12-2011, 08:28 AM
I know you'll have the answers.....

I haven't h ad to do a school run or nursery run for over a year. I am shorty going on maternity and now putting some plans in place for when I return in April. The thought of doing a nursery run and getting children in and out of the car makes my heart sick especially as I'll have a 2 month old baby.
Anyway..... I have been thinking once a day is enough I can do the drop off at 12.30 and mum said she will arrange a friend to pick up and bring mindee to me at 3. So my qu is? Is this allowed? I will still be getting paid while the child is at nursery so ultimately I am responsible.

The other qu is I look after my niece. My husband is my assistant but doesn't have first aid so can't be left alone with mindees. But can he have our niece(she will be 9 months) while I do the nursery run? Again I'm being paid so will be responsible for her.

Thanks xx

angiemog
16-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Does anyone have the answers?? Please?? x

sarah707
16-12-2011, 07:44 AM
I would ask Ofsted about your niece but I think no because although she is a family member you (as her childminder) rather than hubby (as her uncle) are being paid to look after her.

However I might be wrong so ring to check - 0300 123 1231

Mum can make arrangements as she pleases... however if you are getting paid for that time then you are responsible for the child.

So if the friend doesn't turn up, has a car accident etc and you are not there but contracted to be caring for the child I would think you would be ultimately responsible and held accountable.

I think it might be worth a phone call to run it by your insurance company.

Hth :D

angeldelight
16-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Agree with S....... Sarah :laughing: - private joke ha ha

Good luck hope it all works out

Angel xx

EmmaReed84
16-12-2011, 10:50 AM
I had a 4yr old mindee until 7pm I had to go to DS parents evening. I spoke to mindees parents who were happy for mindee to go to my MIL while I was at the school. I called Ofsted to ask if this was ok and she said that it is the parents perogative to let their child go somewhere. As long as the person wasnt being paid or anything like that, so if the parents arrange for someone to collect LO and bring them to you that is fine as the parents have arranged it

Double check with ofsted though and get the persons name and log that you queried it so if it comes in to question you have a record of it

angiemog
16-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Ok thanks. Will check with Ofsted when I'm back off maternity. I thought it may be a slight grey area which is why I questioned it. Either way it doesn't really matter I would just have to get on with it which probably wont be as bad as I'm imagining. I've done it all before but just out of practise. All my 9-12 months mindees are all starting nursery, I'm having my own baby and baby siblings when I return (if I can get a variation for 2 under 1s)...... Thanks again. x