PDA

View Full Version : What was your...

Nature'sKids!
14-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Most embarrassing situation as a Childminder?

I can just imagine a parent interview happening and ds going to the loo to shout down "ive done a poo!!!!" or to come down stark naked telling me to wipe his bum lol.

Or to get the names totally wrong. I'm so useless with names it will happen to me I'm pretty sure!!

PixiePetal
14-12-2011, 10:16 PM
how about my dog 'scooting' across the carpet when a parent was collecting mindee :eek: luckily I shoved the dog and mum was busy putting coat on child so did not see :o Then I cleaned the carpet when she left!

A friend sent a text to her DH about a parent being late again - and sent it to parent by mistake. They had become friends but was a bit difficult for a while - took some apologising

marnieb
15-12-2011, 07:15 AM
In the middle of a new mum meeting, I had my back to the living room door, dd wondered off while we were chatting. 5 minutes later she comes toddling back in the living room with a bottle of wine!!!! :eek: I have never been so embarressed!!!!

Luckily the mum thought it was hilarious!!!!

Tealady
15-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Being woken-up one morning not by my alarm bell but my first family of the day ringing the door bell.

Bear23
15-12-2011, 10:21 AM
In the middle of a new mum meeting, I had my back to the living room door, dd wondered off while we were chatting. 5 minutes later she comes toddling back in the living room with a bottle of wine!!!! :eek: I have never been so embarressed!!!!

Luckily the mum thought it was hilarious!!!!

God i would have died lol

I also texted a parent by mistake once she wasn't paying me again, so in a fury i text her, slating her, really going mad, was meant to send to my ex, i'll never forget the pure panic when i realised what i done :laughing:
She never mentioned the text tho, and has always paid on time since!!

caz3007
15-12-2011, 11:21 AM
God i would have died lol

I also texted a parent by mistake once she wasn't paying me again, so in a fury i text her, slating her, really going mad, was meant to send to my ex, i'll never forget the pure panic when i realised what i done :laughing:
She never mentioned the text tho, and has always paid on time since!!

It did the trick then :clapping:

Penny1959
15-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Two in particular come to mind

Yes one of DD's did strip naked and bounce on the sofa during a parent interview:blush:

Second one - I was just taking on two new families and I was struggling with pronouncing the names correctly (EO / respect being something that I pride myself on) So family one - Gulnaz, Sodem (no not produced S ** em :laughing: ) and baby Meliz

Second family Thes (they shorten version of her name) and baby Yannis. When I met Yannis's father I made a right fool of myself. He looked just like his son - so not wanting yet another issue with my English tonuge battling to pronouce his name correctly - I shock his hand and said ' Hello I am Penny. Nice to meet you - sorry but you may have to help me with pronouncing your name'

Friendly but professional I thought

He said ' Hello - I'm Pete'

Oh how I wished for the floor to open and to be able to disappear' :laughing:

Penny :)

Helen Dempster
15-12-2011, 12:55 PM

Yes one of DD's did strip naked and bounce on the sofa during a parent interview:blush:

Second one - I was just taking on two new families and I was struggling with pronouncing the names correctly (EO / respect being something that I pride myself on) So family one - Gulnaz, Sodem (no not produced S ** em :laughing: ) and baby Meliz

Second family Thes (they shorten version of her name) and baby Yannis. When I met Yannis's father I made a right fool of myself. He looked just like his son - so not wanting yet another issue with my English tonuge battling to pronouce his name correctly - I shock his hand and said ' Hello I am Penny. Nice to meet you - sorry but you may have to help me with pronouncing your name'

HA HA HA HA HA HA THAT SO MADE ME LAUGH!!! :laughing:

Mouse
15-12-2011, 01:27 PM
I think my worst was when a dad came to collect his young child. We were standing chatting at the door & I was still holding mindee. This child often used to fiddle with my clothes while I was holding him, so I wasn't really taking much notice. It was only when I saw dad go red that I realised lo had undone my buttons and my boobs were on show!

Luckily my bra was clean & tidy and not one of my tatty grey/white ones!

tashaleee
15-12-2011, 01:36 PM
I think my worst was when a dad came to collect his young child. We were standing chatting at the door & I was still holding mindee. This child often used to fiddle with my clothes while I was holding him, so I wasn't really taking much notice. It was only when I saw dad go red that I realised lo had undone my buttons and my boobs were on show!

Luckily my bra was clean & tidy and not one of my tatty grey/white ones!

Yep I sadly think most parents have seen my boobs at various points in time... (and likewise I have seen more than I want to of many of my parents bodies thanks to the kids grabbing and lifting clothes!) not a good thing... :blush:

One mindee wanted hugs and kisses last night from me and mummy when she went home... she also then told us we needed to have a kiss goodbye! (err nope we passed on that but luckily both saw the funny side from a 2 year old!)

QualityCare
15-12-2011, 01:38 PM
I was minding a 6mth old for Social Services so that mum could attend AA meetings, he was born alcohol dependant and spent sometime in hospital, l had known mum for sometime as her elder boy was at a play group l helped at, she came in one day to collect baby and changed him before she left he wriggled over grabbed the baby wipes and sucked them, as babies do, (this was in the days when there was alcohol in them) l without thinking said he's trying to suck the alcohol out of them, l could have died when l realised what l had said, luckily she saw the funny side and laughed and we remained friends.

candy cat
15-12-2011, 01:39 PM
penny...that made me chuckle x

primula
15-12-2011, 10:09 PM
First interview for a toddler, toddler went off into the kitchen and came back with a snail!!? I could have died, turned out ok though!
Loved penny's one, mad me laugh!!

stardust
15-12-2011, 10:29 PM
A few weeks ago my parent came to drop her children off and she said to me 'apparently you have a nice pair of black knickers' I was confuddled to say th least.
6 yr old Mindee looks up and says 'member friday when L dropped her drink on the floor and we laughed when you cleaned it up?'
I said ' yeahhhhhhh'
'well we were laughing because we could see you knickers, the black ones, are they you favorite?'
I've never been so embaressed.

samb
15-12-2011, 10:42 PM
A few weeks ago my parent came to drop her children off and she said to me 'apparently you have a nice pair of black knickers' I was confuddled to say th least.
6 yr old Mindee looks up and says 'member friday when L dropped her drink on the floor and we laughed when you cleaned it up?'
I said ' yeahhhhhhh'
'well we were laughing because we could see you knickers, the black ones, are they you favorite?'

:eek: :laughing: Oh my goodness how embarrassing!!! I think my most embarrassing moments are the numerous times when I have had to explain to a parent something that their child has asked about or told me in the day - this was when I was nannying but quite a typical thing to happen on my watch... C aged 3 comes out of the bathroom with a tampon. I say can you show we where you got that from so we can put it back? She says ok and we walk into the bathroom, she turns round and says "It's ok I know what you do with them, they go up your bum"!!!! It's the conversation with the parent afterwards that makes me cringe!

angeldelight
16-12-2011, 07:20 AM
I said ' yeahhhhhhh'

:laughing: :laughing:

Funny

Angel xx

EmmaReed84
16-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Mine is not so much a cringe worthy moment... More of an "omg I love you" moment!

I live in a semi detatached house and my neighbour is a whole bunch of words I cannot type on this forum, Before I was minding he knocked on my door one summer Sunday afternoon and told me that if my kids carried on bouncing on the trampoline he would inform environmental health... What?!?! Then a week later he shouted at DS and I went crazy at him.

I started minding and on the walk home from one of my mindee throws up all over the street... Right outside his house and on his driveway... I quickly ushered the kids in the house. When he came home he got out the car and was looking and scratching his head looking around. I hid behind the curtains crying with laughter... Served him right for being such a horrible man lol

ziggy
16-12-2011, 10:41 AM
When i was first minding Daddy collected children and i forgot to give him childs baby walker, so mummy rang and said 'Richard is going to collect a chinese later he'll call in and collect it'

I had a relaxing bath, put on my fluffy pj's and dressing gown and settled down to watch tv. An hour or so later there was a knock on the door, so i opened it to find mummy there, I said. 'Oh its you, I was expecting richard'

she laughed, looked at me in pj's and said 'so i see'

I'm still minding children 6yrs later and we often laugh about that evening

~Grasshopper~
16-12-2011, 12:01 PM
hahaha love it :)

chez
16-12-2011, 12:57 PM
LOL these have really made me giggle

The Juggler
16-12-2011, 09:54 PM

:laughing: :laughing: classic penny - that gave me a much needed laugh x

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
16-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Miss O walked in and a mindee booted her straight in the shin!

During a family meeting my 2 year old came downstairs with a rather large plaster on his knee, that will teach me for leaving my "lady products" within arms reach.

Also after having ds2 mindees family came round to visit, Dad is very forthcoming and loves babies so came straight up to me, and literally took baby out of my arms not realising i was breastfeeding at the time so he got an eyeful of boobie but an eyeful of milk too!

samb
16-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Miss O walked in and a mindee booted her straight in the shin!

During a family meeting my 2 year old came downstairs with a rather large plaster on his knee, that will teach me for leaving my "lady products" within arms reach.

Also after having ds2 mindees family came round to visit, Dad is very forthcoming and loves babies so came straight up to me, and literally took baby out of my arms not realising i was breastfeeding at the time so he got an eyeful of boobie but an eyeful of milk too!

:laughing:

singlewiththree
17-12-2011, 08:50 AM
I have a simlilar bath robe incident. I was having a lovely hot relaxing bath when I got a txt from a dad to say he was dropping my money off. I just thought he was going to post it through the door but no he kept knocking and knocking on the door so I got out of the bath with my bath robe on and opened the door a jar and apologised but I thought he was just going to post it! I was so embarrassed as I'm a single mum I have trouble getting married parents which I can only put down to the mum thinking I'm going to steal their husband so I make sure if that seems to be an issue that my husband had an affair and left and I would never do that to anyone else which has also lost me families who have done exactly that to another party but I wouldn't want cheater families anyway

Dawnf77
18-12-2011, 09:40 PM
never laugheed so much for ages, all made me giggle:)