PDA

View Full Version : how do i charge

disney
19-05-2008, 09:14 AM
hate the money side of this job :( have mindee contracted for mon , tues , weds . this week only mum has said to cancel today and she will bring him as normal tues & weds and thurs & fri . just wanted to know do i charge like this normal for the three days then thur , fri on top . or do i just charge for tues , weds , thurs and swop the mon for the fri ifuswim mum did give me the impression she just wanted to swop one day but the contract says all contracted hours should be paid and any other hours paid on top what do think thanks x

angeldelight
19-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Well I suppose for this week you could just let her change the day but maybe in future you could tell her that she must pay for contracted days even if she does not use you

Then if she wants an extra day that is over time

You make the rules not mom and make it clear that if she expects to change days you may not always be free

Good luck

Angel xx

sarah707
19-05-2008, 09:32 AM
I am soft - I would let her swap... I am also probably wrong! :D

manjay
19-05-2008, 09:44 AM
I am soft - I would let her swap... I am also probably wrong! :D

You soft touch you!!! Having said that I would maybe do it once (or more if it suited me) and let her know in future that additional days have to be paid for on top of contracted days

amanda xx

angeldelight
19-05-2008, 09:52 AM
I would also swap for this week - like I said

But then I would make my own judgment depending on the parent etc
Depends if she is a pain in the back side or ok and does not take advantage?

Also depends if you like your Friday free and if you like the parent swapping ?

There are no right or wrong answers it is what is best for yourself - Like I said you make the rules !

Angel xx

Jinx
19-05-2008, 10:14 AM
I have a little one contracted to Mon, Wed, Fri pm. I told her mum that whilst I have a space on Thursdays, she can either swap a day, (with notice) or take Thurs as extra. It's worked to my advantage, as this week I have a hair appointment on Wed and I asked her to swap to Thurs which she was happy to do.

A little bit of give and take is good, but on YOUR terms! :cool:

Jinx x

wendywu
19-05-2008, 10:47 AM
I must admit i let parents swap, if it fits in with me.:)

disney
19-05-2008, 12:50 PM
ok thanks every one think i will swop the one day and charge for the extra one .i will still be geting a bit more money for the other day .thought i was being a bit greedy :blush: no i really wasnt sure x

susi513
21-05-2008, 08:06 AM
Its not being greedy. You can charge for the contracted day as well as the newly booked day because you have had to reserve both days for the sole use of the child. It was their choice not to use the contracted day - you couldn't have booked someone else in as you had to keep the slot for this child.

I have been soft where I got a day off out of it and I would waive the charge if I had booked in someone else on the day they're not using. But normally I would charge for both days too.

miffy
21-05-2008, 08:20 AM
I would swap if it suited me - like I got a day off as Susi said.

But I would also make it clear to mum that this was a goodwill gesture on my part and in future I would charge the contracted day plus the extra - otherwise they may always expect to do that.

Like Angel says you have to judge each set of circumstances and then make your decision

miffy xx

sue32
22-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Is she swaping because Mon is a bank holiday or is it a different week, If it is a normal week then I would swop but not a bank holiday as she is of for that day I try to be flexable as it can work in my fav:)

disney
23-05-2008, 10:00 AM
decided to just swop the day in the end . no it was not a bank holiday . so i did not charge her for cancelation on the monday . but still did not manage to fill the space on monday and thursday was very busy but only have done this on a one off :) a bit annoying as these are the same parents that gave me £ 1.50 for an hour before 8 am . they booked for an hour but came later

miss muffit
23-05-2008, 11:44 AM
we are all soft touches from time to time,

I think one thing we should remember is that it is are work and their choice

to go out to work,

I would do it tho as i hate the money side of this job...oh and the paperwork!!

Hannahlg
28-05-2008, 01:51 PM
i would make her pay for the full week,

but my mum would rpbrly let them swap the day

buildingblocks
13-06-2008, 09:42 AM
hate the money side of this job :( have mindee contracted for mon , tues , weds . this week only mum has said to cancel today and she will bring him as normal tues & weds and thurs & fri . just wanted to know do i charge like this normal for the three days then thur , fri on top . or do i just charge for tues , weds , thurs and swop the mon for the fri ifuswim mum did give me the impression she just wanted to swop one day but the contract says all contracted hours should be paid and any other hours paid on top what do think thanks x

Coming to this late but the above highlighted says it all. They signed the contract they know how they have to pay. Start how you mean to go on or you will cause yourself no end of grief later on with parents saying well you let us do it before.