PDA

View Full Version : Using different cars

samb
14-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Quick question... I use my car with childminding business insurance for work. I have permission to take the children out in cars and other transport in appropriate restraints where needed. If my car is not in use (eg in the garage) we walk - to be honest i don't use the car much for work anyway - maybe once a week in term time and twice a week holiday time. However if i wanted to take the children somewhere in someone elses car what would I need to do? I mean if it was a taxi then that's fine but if we were to go in a friends car with them driving or if i was to use my husbands car is that ok? (I am a named driver fully comp on hubbys insurance but it is not business class). So what do I do? Do I add the car to my insurance for the day? Do they add to theirs? Am I being over the top and I don't need to do anything?

loocyloo
14-12-2011, 01:26 PM
DH and i have both our cars insured together, and have business insurance for me on both.

parents sign a form giving permission for children to be transported in either car. ( although i VERY rarely use DH car as its not big enough ! LOL! )

as for going in other peoples cars. the only other peoples cars that i take minded children in are other childminders and if i know in advance/or it will be a regular event, i get a signed permission slip for that car/driver.

jane5
14-12-2011, 06:17 PM
I think if you drive the children in any car you will need business insurance as you are getting paid to care for the children. If you take them in somebody elses car and somebody else is driving you do not need business class as they are doing you a favour.

I may be wrong but that is what I was led to believe.