PDA

View Full Version : Getting busy!

pinklady756
14-12-2011, 10:04 AM
I've been waiting for ages to get busy and now it's finally happening, I'm quite scared!! :eek:

I will have 3 under 3's on one day - 2 month old, 1 yr old and 2 yr old.
Then 2 days will be a combination of 2 of the lo's, rather than all 3.

Which I think will be challenging anyway, but after school I have my own child (10 yrs) plus 3 other children, 1 rising 5 the others over 8. In the school holidays on the same days I'll have the 2/3 lo's, my son, the rising 5 and 1 over 8 (my niece and nephew).

Worried that I might be taking on too much, I'm so used to just 1 little one during the day which is really easy at the moment.

Would really appreciate any thoughts/advice you can offer

Goatgirl
14-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Hi :),
It is normal to be scared :).
Don't worry, you will adapt your routines and find it gets easier as you get to know their individual ways. Get lots of information from parents about routines, what they like / dislike etc ...and once they start, keep them busy so they'll sleep well :thumbsup: and hopefully give you half an hour or an hour to get diaries up together and have a cuppa and a sandwich :D

You'll probably jig and re jig the way you do things in those first few weeks - then you'll get used to it and it'll seem like there aren't that many at all. Feels very quiet here when I have fewer than 5 for the school run these days...

Good luck and congratulations on the business picking up :)

best wishes,
Wendy :)

sarah707
14-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Finding a routine you are happy with and that works for all the children can take a few weeks... so just take things slowly and try a few different combinations of outings and activities.

And most of all... enjoy yourself! :D

angeldelight
15-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Hope it all works out

Good luck and have fun

Angel xx