PDA

View Full Version : Sponsored Childminding

Sharon Kaprig
13-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Hi, I am one of the pre-reg's and am about to send my registration forms i would also like to look into sponsored childminding, can anyone advise me on what is expected and if the registration is a different format.

Thanks Sharon

aly
13-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Hi, I am one of the pre-reg's and am about to send my registration forms i would also like to look into sponsored childminding, can anyone advise me on what is expected and if the registration is a different format.

Thanks Sharon

what is sponsored childminding?

Monkey26
13-12-2011, 06:51 PM
what is sponsored childminding?

as above! x

Pipsqueak
13-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Sponsered minding = community/network/social services/ minding

you provide childcare via the 2yr old pilot scheme for disadvantaged children for instance, or disabled children via network or respite care for social services for example.

You often have to meet certain criteria from your LA or be on a network

it can be demanding, heartbreaking and challenging but also very rewarding and different

IsabellaB
13-12-2011, 08:10 PM
I provide respite care for a girl with Downs Syndrome, which is totally seperate from my childminding business and never occur on the same day, at the request of the mother as she is paying me to provide 1:1 care.

The basic theory is that I am employed by Mum, was interviewed by her etc, she does all the admin. However the money for it comes from the government in the form of a direct payment into her account which she then pays me. Direct payments were set up about 7 years ago as a way of stopping SS having to provide all the care and the clients having more choice over who provides their care. SS assess the need and instead of providing it give the main carer the money to purchase the services.

I love it,, but I am very lucky she has fitted in very well into our family. We go out at weekends as a family of 5, rather than 4,

If you contact SS they may have a list of people who are looking for respite care

Crumpy
13-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Thank you for this post- this is something I hadn't heard of- I'm a newbie, but I'm really interested in it as my background is in teaching as a SENCO. Will have a look at the info within my LA, thanks:)

Sharon Kaprig
14-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Thanks Pipsqueak and IsabellaB, great information and advice, as i'm just starting out i think i should leave it for future reference, as not experienced enough yet.

Thanks again