PDA

View Full Version : Mini Rant

Velleity
13-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Am getting a bit cross with the woman who delivers Next and Amazon parcels and various other companies on our street because she worked out some months ago that because I childmind I am quite often in and she can just leave everyones parcels with me when they are not in. So I had to ask her today if she could please stop bringing them to me as she keep waking up the minded children - she knocks quite loudly but then my daughter makes so much noise running to the door ....

Anyway I said the reasons and she got quite cross with me! I said that not only does she wake up the children but then the adults coming to collect their parcels disturb the children too. So to that she says 'Well you could just take the parcels round to their houses yourself and then they wouldn't have to come to you'. How cheeky! I should have said 'yes - if you don't mind sharing your wage with me' :rolleyes:

So she left by saying 'Right. Well I'll still deliver YOUR parcels here shall I?' - but in such a sarcastic way and then walked off shouting 'Happy Christmas!' - but again, not in a pleasant way :mad:

Some people!

Pandypops
13-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Grrrrr......

I have the same but I live in flats so they ring my buzzer which wakes everyone up - really annoys me. They all know to ring number 40 now and it drives me mad. I have the postman, parcels for neighbours, people dropping leaflets, builders, BT men, Sky engineers etc.....

I can't ignore it as they keep ringing. Wish they would just leave me alone and come back another time!

Feels good to have a rant!! :laughing: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
13-12-2011, 12:27 PM
she wants you to do her job ??

whilst I know its a neighbourly thing to take in the parcels etc you are not the local depot.

as to her attitude towards you i would be ringing her company and telling them - she has NO right to behave or speak to you in that fashion - who the heck does she think she is

EmmaReed84
13-12-2011, 12:30 PM
OMG!!! I would have been LIVID at her attitude and would have said something to her about it... I can not tolerate rude people like that there is no need for it whatsoever!

My mum had the best thing to say when someone was rude to her.. She would say "Oh I am sooo sorry, I really am, please I didn't be funny with me, I honestly didn't mean to stand on you in your last life, when you were a cockroach!" She would then smile and walk off... Sounds so childish but it always made her chuckle.

ziggy
13-12-2011, 12:38 PM
I think i would be reporting her

I live next door to post office n fishing tackle shop and get parcels left here quite often but delivery men (havent had any women so far) are always so grateful for my help

This morning 4 people have knocked loudly on door but luckily havent disturbed sleeping babies. I used to have a notice on front door but no one took any notice of it and they still knocked really hard on the door.

in fact, just had a thought may put something under door knocker so they have to ring bell:idea:

miffy
13-12-2011, 12:41 PM
she wants you to do her job ??

whilst I know its a neighbourly thing to take in the parcels etc you are not the local depot.

as to her attitude towards you i would be ringing her company and telling them - she has NO right to behave or speak to you in that fashion - who the heck does she think she is

What Pip says! Cheeky woman (not Pip)

Miffy xx

sweets
13-12-2011, 02:34 PM
That's really cheeky and would annoy me too. I dont mind taking parcels in for my immediate neighbours as its not very often, but wouldnt like it for the whole street! lol

my bug bear is cold callers, we get a lot round here and i have one little boy who has special needs and usually has an hours kip on my knee in the aft while the others sleep. Too many people were comin and waking him up so i got a no cold callers sign.

last week he was disturbed again by a charity worker, i went to the door and very politely told her no thankyou and that she really should respect it the sign on the door, she told me that charities are exempt from them :eek:
and made me feel guilty for not donating!

Mouse
13-12-2011, 02:41 PM
What a rude woman!

I would definitely be phoning the companies she delivers for & putting in a complaint. I sometimes take parcels in for neighbours, but it's not very often & they will do the same for me. No way would I be doing the delivery person's job for them though!

Jiorjiina
13-12-2011, 04:33 PM
last week he was disturbed again by a charity worker, i went to the door and very politely told her no thankyou and that she really should respect it the sign on the door, she told me that charities are exempt from them :eek:
and made me feel guilty for not donating!

Sadly, they really are exempt, as only people selling things are classed as a cold caller. Doesn't make her any more charitable though, does it?

I get really annoyed when charities try to guilt me into donating.

I'd def. be putting in a complaint about the delivery driver's attitude though. I've taken stuff in for neighbours before, and they've done the same for us, but I would never expect one of them to do it all the time, just because they work from home!

Pipsqueak
13-12-2011, 06:53 PM
EVERY charity caller - I already donate!!! its amazing how many I donate to ....

I DO donate to various charities over the year and I have found its teh easiest way to get rid quick of doorsteppers.

As to cold callers I tell them no i am not interested if they carry on I shut the door.

catminder
13-12-2011, 07:01 PM
What a rude delivery woman and how cheeky of her to suggest you go out to deliver the parcels. I don't know where some people get the nerve to be like this :angry:

ajs
13-12-2011, 07:12 PM
EVERY charity caller - I already donate!!! its amazing how many I donate to ....

I DO donate to various charities over the year and I have found its teh easiest way to get rid quick of doorsteppers.

As to cold callers I tell them no i am not interested if they carry on I shut the door.

I told the last one shed have to wait while I cancelled the direct debit to the charity I already donate to, she said do don't do that I told her I'd have to if I was going to donate to hers as I Only had a little spare money each month and if I give to hers I couldn't give to who I see important. She said oh ok and left.

blue bear
13-12-2011, 07:45 PM
I have a sign telling people to ring the bell, then I turn the bell off, they think I'm out all the time!

Next time she tries to leave a parcel with her give her a bill for your services, cheeky madam

*daisychain*
13-12-2011, 09:03 PM
I have a wireless doorbell that I can move out of a room where sleeping babies are. I can also muffle it with a blanket to keep the noise down if it was to ring!
The lengths we go to ey!!

Crumpy
13-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Grrrr! My Next delivery person keeps putting my arcels in one of my outdoor recycling bins which isn't great and once they left it under my car with a note through the door to say it was there! Imagine if I hadn't found it and reversed the car over it! :panic:

Anon8319
14-12-2011, 04:30 PM
I get cross with cold-callers (phone) because we are on the TPL so we shouldn't be getting calls anyway! I take the phone off the hook for the 2 hours my daughter and mindee are asleep!! A few weeks ago, we'd been out to a toddler group, both children were beyond tired and ready for their sleep; as I drove round to the house, I noticed some cold-callers in the street (probably double glazing again!!) so I pre-empted their arrival at my house and wrote a sign saying 'COLD CALLERS: we have double glazing, doors and a conservatory; we give to all the charities we want to give to; we are not interested in surveys. I have children sleeping, please do not call here!' They adhered to it and didn't call!! Anyway, we have a next/simply be/amazon delivery driver (a man who's been doing it a few years) and he had a parcel for me on that same afternoon - he would usually come and knock quite loud for several seconds, but having read the sign he did his best to get the parcel through the letterbox but couldn't so he left it in my recycling shed and pushed a note through. I was really thankful to him!

Yours sounds like a cow!

kindredspirits
14-12-2011, 06:25 PM
don't get me started - the company who delivers next and amazon etc is Hermes.... Hermes have lost a parcel to me this week and are being very shirty when I am trying to get them to find it!! It was signed into their depot and suddenly its gone walkabout!! :angry: :angry:

When you look online you'll see this company has nothing but poor reviews on their deliveries and customer services - i think you were totally right in asking her not to keep delivering to you. I have a weird over-the-road neighbour who stops and stares at me every time i go out of my front door and his wife was getting stuff delivered every week when she was out - i took in the first couple and then when the driver realised i was usually in i asked him not to keep bringing their deliveries to me as I don't feel comfortable keep taking them in. he wasn't happy about it but i couldn't care less, its not my job to take in other peoples post ALL the time.

angeldelight
15-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Am getting a bit cross with the woman who delivers Next and Amazon parcels and various other companies on our street because she worked out some months ago that because I childmind I am quite often in and she can just leave everyones parcels with me when they are not in. So I had to ask her today if she could please stop bringing them to me as she keep waking up the minded children - she knocks quite loudly but then my daughter makes so much noise running to the door ....

Anyway I said the reasons and she got quite cross with me! I said that not only does she wake up the children but then the adults coming to collect their parcels disturb the children too. So to that she says 'Well you could just take the parcels round to their houses yourself and then they wouldn't have to come to you'. How cheeky! I should have said 'yes - if you don't mind sharing your wage with me' :rolleyes:

So she left by saying 'Right. Well I'll still deliver YOUR parcels here shall I?' - but in such a sarcastic way and then walked off shouting 'Happy Christmas!' - but again, not in a pleasant way :mad:

Some people!

Hope you had a word with her and sorted it out now

Angel xx

Velleity
15-12-2011, 10:10 PM
I saw her across the road today trying to deliver and they were not in and then she went along the opposite side of the road trying various doors. Never knocked on mine. However I am a bit worried about the three parcels that I am still expecting from Amazon! :p

angeldelight
16-12-2011, 07:15 AM
I saw her across the road today trying to deliver and they were not in and then she went along the opposite side of the road trying various doors. Never knocked on mine. However I am a bit worried about the three parcels that I am still expecting from Amazon! :p

Yeah I am waiting for parcels too

Hope they come soon

Angel xx