PDA

View Full Version : Mindees family emigrating - what gift can I get them?

juslh
13-12-2011, 12:03 PM
My mindees are 4 and 2 and are off across the world in january :( Im stumped what christmas/leaving gifts to get them? Parents will not be appreciate of something hard to pack!! Thanks for any ideas.

xgemx
13-12-2011, 12:22 PM
My mindees are 4 and 2 and are off across the world in january :( Im stumped what christmas/leaving gifts to get them? Parents will not be appreciate of something hard to pack!! Thanks for any ideas.

What about a memory book for them or cd of photos with a backing track small to pack but very personal for them to keep

Cammie Doodle
13-12-2011, 12:25 PM
We would buy a memory stick and put photos etc on it of theri time with you. Nice and easy to pack too !:) Bet you will miss them :(

loocyloo
13-12-2011, 12:37 PM
i had mindees who moved to new zealand!

i made them a photoboook on truprint with photos of the children from when they started, to when they left, with little captions etc on the pages.

they all loved it.

when we moved ( ok, only 260 miles, but still .... ) my friend bought my children little teddies with tshirts on, that had a photo of my child with her child on. sooooo sweet and much loved here. not sure where she got them from though. sorry x

karensmart4
13-12-2011, 09:23 PM
I have done the photobooks for mindee's when they have moved on and they have always been appreciated. I think you can get teddies with personalised t-shirts from Vistaprint :)

The Juggler
13-12-2011, 10:49 PM
when I've had friends move overseas who lived here in london I got them a black and white print of a famous london scene (s). maybe a nice print of where they lived to remind them?

angeldelight
15-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Did you decide what you were buying?

Angel xx