PDA

View Full Version : Will I survive? ..........

Penny1959
13-12-2011, 10:32 AM
The visit of my grandson that is :D

DD 3 brought him round yesterday afternoon as he was driving her mad and putting her blood pressure up - and as he was due to come at 7pm last night - to stay while DD3 in hospital - I thought why not.

So he came - and with 20 mins he had drove me mad!

As those of you who regularly read my posts will know Dominic has additional needs - but will also know he spends a lot of time in my care - bith as a minded child and as a visitor to Granny's.

So what is different this time?

He is over excited and worried about the next few weeks because:-

If there is a bed Mummy is having a C section TODAY and his sister will arrive :clapping:

So then we have the whole- what will it be like having a sister questions

On Saturday he is going to see Santa at West Mids Safari Park - what is not know is if it will be Mummy or Granny taking him

There is the whole Christmas Thing - and doubt about if mummy will be up to doing Christmas or if Santa will be delivering presents to Granny's.

For a boy like Dominic it is all a bit too much uncertainty - for Granny like me it is all a bit too much FULL STOP (At least it is when also have 4 under 2's in my care).

Thank goodness I am going out tonight - and Grandad can look after himm for a few hours while I enjoy my 'works' christmas meal :D

Penny :)

Scarlet Rose arrived at 9:45am weighing 7 pounds. Baby well, mum still in recovery room.

christine e
13-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Such a lot happening! I'm sure you will survive and hope you have a lovely night out tonight

Cx

mama2three
13-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Congratulations granny Penny - at least a lot of the uncertainty which worries Dominic is over. Hope youre dd is soon back on her feet too x

miffy
13-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Hope everything goes OK for your dd today.

Of course you'll get through the day. Hope you have a lovely time tonight

Miffy xx

Carol M
13-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Focus on the Christmas pud
Focus on the brussel sprouts ( not sure if you love em )
Focus on the mince pies
Focus on the Carvery
and in my case......
Focus on the pint of cider!
See you later
Carol xx

The Juggler
13-12-2011, 02:03 PM
congrats on your new grandaughter hon. and enjoy your night out tonight - have laaaarge glass of something :)

Cammie Doodle
13-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Wow that is a lot to take in and compute , bless his little heart . Enjoy your evening out, Hope Grandad is ready :rolleyes:

Penny1959
13-12-2011, 02:06 PM
miffy - thank you for your confidence in me - yes I will survive today and enjoy tonight. It is the rest of the week that Dominic is staying here / the potential of him spending even more time here - now Scarlet has arrived.

Update

Dominic has spoken to Mummy - he asked what Scarlet looked like - then when told 'like you' switched off completely and said I will give the phone back to Granny. Scarlet has not been mentioned since (dread to think what going through his head) - will try and re engage him in a moment - through wrapping the present he brought for Scarlet last night (a soft body doll) and writing in the card he choose.

Penny1959
13-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Focus on the Christmas pud
Focus on the brussel sprouts ( not sure if you love em )
Focus on the mince pies
Focus on the Carvery
and in my case......
Focus on the pint of cider!
See you later
Carol xx

Can't wait Carol - almost tempted to have a tipple myself - but after 35 years of not touching a drop - I think that might not be a very good idea:D

You will just have to have two pints of cider - one for you and one on my behalf to wet the baby's head

loocyloo
13-12-2011, 03:23 PM
what lovely news, congratulations

and love to your grandson on becoming a big brother. good luck with the next few days :)

xxx