PDA

View Full Version : What else can i do??

CJ Thorn
13-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Good Morning...
I'm just wondering if anyone has any marketing suggestions....my numbers started going down in May and due to parents change in circumstances/children starting school....and after xmas i will down to minding 3 schoolies on a p/t basis...x
Im single mum of 2 with a nice mortgage to pay lol...n hoping this "lull" doent continue,ive put up posters,got stickers for my car,posted adverts online,joined childcare forum...in 11 years of doing a job i love,ive never had this.
:panic: .xx

JoRoger
13-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Do you have a local shop where you could put an advert up? Anything is worth a try and I know it always works for the 'main' CM in our village, although obviously it depends on how small a community you live in. It is well worth trying as many local resources for advertising as you can - post offices, local shops and so on.

christine e
13-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Are there any new housing developments near you? If so, drop some leaflets /business cards off in the sales office and ask if they could put inside their welcome packs. New housing developments often attract young families!

Cx

CJ Thorn
13-12-2011, 10:54 AM
I live in a small village,not many young families live here..ive put up posters in the shops nearby and also updated my details with families info service..also there are more and more minders starting up near me...very disheartening at mo...:( .x

Toothfairy
13-12-2011, 11:11 AM
* Posters in local shops, Doctors, Dentists, Libraries, cafe's etc
* Advertising on Car and clothing.
* Leaflet drop door to door, at the local park, soft play areas, mother & Toddler groups, NCT sales etc.
* Yellow pages, Childcare.co.uk, Netmums, Mumsnet, CFIS, Childminding Forum.
* Create your own website
* Give your details to your vacancy co-ordinator of your local Childminding group.
* Word of mouth with other CM's in your area.
* Leaflets in local schools book bags
* Ask to be put in the childminding book at your local Surestart Centre.
* Advertise in your local free magazines
* Have a stall with balloons, parent packs, etc at local school fete's or Christmas fairs.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

CJ Thorn
13-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Thanks everyone....xxx

miffy
13-12-2011, 12:59 PM
See if there are any large employers in your area like hospitals and advertise there.

Tell everyone you meet what you do - think about getting a bag or jacket with your logo on.

Good luck

Miffy xx

CJ Thorn
13-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Ive advertised at a couple of the large firms near me..upgraded my membership on childcare forum so i could contact parents etc...never had to advertise before lol..really hope something comes along in the new year..got my inspection in March!!.x

loocyloo
13-12-2011, 03:15 PM
can you help at a local school ? one you do pick ups from?

go and do reading or something? that way the teachers, staff and children get to know you, and will point families in your direction.

i currently help in school one morning a week and all the class ( yr R & 1 ) know i look after children when i'm not at school ... since i've been doing this i've 'aquired' a few occaisonal children and have new mindee starting for one day a week in the new year.

i also always wear my fleece with childminder on the back!

( also stops you getting bored at home with no mindees! i really enjoy being in school ... no planning, no observing, ( although, if i notice something i make a note & tell the teacher, or sometimes she asks me to observe! )

CJ Thorn
13-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Thanks for that..the school where i do my pick ups etc alll my boys went to,they are now 16,14 and 12 and i was a governor there until recently..so i am very well known lol..but 5 minders cover that school now, where as previously it was just myself and one other.
I have thought about volunteering though,i love working with children and my days at the moment arr too quiet lol..sounds like its really worked in your favour tho!!
Thanks again.xx:littleangel:

loocyloo
13-12-2011, 04:04 PM
i was very well known at our old school, as i'd been taking children i looked after & my own for 13 years! , but when i started helping out, it meant even more people 'noticed' me, including parents of the younger children who were new and getting to know what happens etc. once the'd seen me in the school, they would then talk to me in the playground, where as before they didn't ( unlike me who just talks to anyone ! :blush: )

we moved schools last april, and it has worked really well for me

and if nothing else, i know that if a TA job came up at the school ... i could have it!

good luck xxx

CJ Thorn
13-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Thats fab...n yes u sound like a carbon copy of me lol!!!..all the faces that knew me are filtering out as the years go on n newbies start..
I have a friend that is a TA down there,so have b texted and asked her what she thinks,i have great links with the school as my youngest son is Autistic so it was my second home at one point..and the teachers are on first name terms with me lol..
And yes i talk to anyone that will listen...:p
xx