PDA

View Full Version : New Pre-Reg Childminder

kimnolan87
11-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Hiya Everyone,

This is my first post here and I am looking for some general advice about the whole childminding process :)

I have just attended a couple of briefing sessions, and I can't wait to be booked onto the ICP course! The course starts the first week in February.

Just wondering if anyone can offer and general starting up advice really....anything would be useful :)

I am a nursery nurse BTW, so have 8 years experience and know all about the EYFS and the basic understanding of policies and procedures....just never written them myself before.

TIA

Love
Kim x

xgemx
12-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Hi welcome to the site i have found this site so helpful in getting me to where i am now

While your waiting you could start risk assesing your home and writing the policy and procedures so its not all daunting having to do them all at once

Dont stress to much about your pre reg visit (easier said than done i know lol) i found my inspector really helpful and wasnt how i expected at all

Dont think any question is too silly or small to ask what ever you wanna know post here and no doubt you will get an answer

Good luck with it all

Crumpy
12-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Hi- I'm quite new here too! I've just registered having done the course in the summer during my maternity leave. I found doing a couple of policies a week helped so that I didn't have a huge amount to do all in one go. Good luck with everything.:)

kjr
12-12-2011, 09:37 PM
:) hi im just starting at the begining got sit the exam for eyfs so confused where to even start so any advise would help thanks :)