PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a waiting list?

smurfette
11-12-2011, 07:37 PM
And If so is it worth it? I have had a few enquiries for next year march time and at the moment am as full as I want to be thank goodness but as we all know things can change quite quickly! Just wondering do you find people want to get sorted quite quickly once they enquire or will they still be looking ? If you do have a waiting list do people want to visit first (I feel this might be a waste of time all round) just asking how it works really!

Pipsqueak
11-12-2011, 09:19 PM
No I don't bother with waiting lists... if I have teh space and the family suit me then they can have the space..... otherwise I give them numbers of colleagues and they get signed up elsewhere.

PixiePetal
11-12-2011, 09:28 PM
i wish I could fill my spaces let alone have a waiting list. :(

In the past I have done as Pipsqueak says. They are welcome to leave me details to get back to them when I have a space if it is for future use

The Juggler
11-12-2011, 09:36 PM
have never had a waiting list people i will call back if a space comes up but never enough to need to give them a 'place' in my queue .

nikki thomson
11-12-2011, 10:17 PM
I've never really understood cm and waiting lists because if your full it could be years before a space comes up.
I know a cm who has a waiting list because there's mums who won't use anyone else but the mindee's she has have been with her for 2yrs 3 yrs and 5 yrs respectfully and there not going anywhere so I don't see the point she's never going to beable to accommodate them, or am I missing something?!!. X

miffy
12-12-2011, 11:36 AM
I don't keep a waiting list but I have had mums delay their return to work until I have a space or granny look after a sibling until I've got room for them.

More often now I'm asked about places a year or more in advance because people take such a long time off on mat leave but also want their childcare sorted out asap. If I know I have a place coming up (child starting school or something) then I'm happy to earmark a place as long as a deposit is paid.

Miffy xx

loocyloo
12-12-2011, 12:45 PM
i don't have a waiting list per se, but i have a babe ( who was born last week! :D ) who is booked in for next september when another LO leaves for school.

i also have 2 afterschoolers waiting for a place, which depends upon what everyone else is doing and how they will fit in ( i'm not sure they will fit in, which is why i'm not rushing around making sure they will! :blush: mum asked me AGAIN today, if i knew when i might have space :blush: )

The Juggler
12-12-2011, 01:32 PM
I've never really understood cm and waiting lists because if your full it could be years before a space comes up.
I know a cm who has a waiting list because there's mums who won't use anyone else but the mindee's she has have been with her for 2yrs 3 yrs and 5 yrs respectfully and there not going anywhere so I don't see the point she's never going to beable to accommodate them, or am I missing something?!!. X

i would have thought that too and surely the mums on the waiting list need to find someone else before they start work so presumably by the time the CM had a vacancy arise, the mums would be sorted out with someone else? Mind you if it's busy enough and you're enough in demand then why not I guess :p

Monkey26
12-12-2011, 02:41 PM
If i am full i always say to the parents i will take down your details and call you back if a space comes up in the next 6 months - usually by that time they have found alternative childcare but i have had a couple come to me after such a time period (recommendation/forces children in which the mum's don't necessarily NEED to work but want the 'free time' :rolleyes: ) x