PDA

View Full Version : open university degree

rachelmama
11-12-2011, 05:27 PM
:) hallo everyone

I have finished my nvq level 3 ccld and I have been interested in furthing my training , and I was wondering which course are you all doing or have done please only I am not sure which course to go for so mant of them so i am a bit confused
thank you :D

WibbleWobble
11-12-2011, 05:43 PM
hello

well done on completing your NVQ!

i did E100 last year and am now doing E105.

The E100 gives you a CertEYP qualification at NVQ4 equivalent.

i am working towards the FD in Early years education.....

mandy xxxxx

rachelmama
11-12-2011, 05:46 PM
hi
thank you for you reply, is it hard work, and do u need to go to tutorial as well for this degree:)

WibbleWobble
11-12-2011, 05:54 PM
hi
thank you for you reply, is it hard work, and do u need to go to tutorial as well for this degree:)

its advisable to go to tutorials...they are about every two months or so.

there will be a tutor group forum where you can ask your tutor questions. you can email and ring them too. there is a general forum for the whole cohort.

E100 was very very interesting. it was hard work as its a long long time since i did any uni work (21 years in fact) but i thoroughly enjoyed it. there were lots of "lighbulb moments" where it all made sense what i did with the children. i learned about the theories behind children's learning and how we interact and communicate with others.

the E105.....well that is a difficult one at the moment. Its all about reflecting on your practice. what do you do? why do you do it? can you impove it?

if you do the E100 you can stay with that...its a qualification in itself.

there is a group within this forum for OU but you need to be starting the course and ask for the code.

hope all that helps

mandy xxxxx

rachelmama
11-12-2011, 06:18 PM
thankyou so much for your reply, I will take a look at the ou website:)

rachelmama
11-12-2011, 07:37 PM
hi everyone

I have looked at the ou website site
and I am very interested in doing the foundation degree in early years, but am not sure how much it will cost does anyone have any idea how much it is please :)

Beetlejuice
11-12-2011, 09:16 PM
If you do the full degree and take it to BA level then it's 6 modules I believe and I know for E100 (the first module which I'm currently doing) it was £700 so if it's the same all the way through then it's 6 x that. There is a finance scheme where you can pay in installments and you can apply for financial aid in some circumstances (you need to contact the finance dept to see if you are eligible). You only have to pay for one module at a time which means you don't have to find the full whack up front.

I finished my NVQ 3 CCLD in February and started E100 in October. I did well on my first assignment but now the real work has started!! It's a bit harder going for this second one but I know I will get there in the end. I just keep hearing the voice of my delightful 'careers' teacher at school who told me I would never amount to anything :( :angry: But :censored: to her - I'm doing a degree!!!:D

rachelmama
11-12-2011, 09:32 PM
hi
that great to here well done, and thank you for your reply:)

sdean
11-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Hi, well done on completing your NVQ3!

I have completed E100, E105 and I am now on E210 and start U212 in January.

The fees are currently £700 a unit and there are four units (the ones above) for the foundation degree in early years and another one if you want BA and another if you want BA hons.

The fees for OU are increasing if you are not registered before sept 2012 to start a unit then fees are going to be £2500 per unit. A massive increase.

I have been really lucky as I have had mine funded by the local authority with only a small contribution.

It is massively hard work but hugely rewarding and changes your knowledge and practices greatly. good luck with whatever you decide x

rachelmama
11-12-2011, 09:36 PM
hi
thank you for replying that is a massive increase i better get my skates on i think:D

Jiorjiina
11-12-2011, 09:36 PM
The fees for OU are increasing if you are not registered before sept 2012 to start a unit then fees are going to be £2500 per unit. A massive increase.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: How much????!!!!

rachelmama
11-12-2011, 09:42 PM
expensive isnt it

sdean
11-12-2011, 09:43 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: How much????!!!!

If you are already with the OU and signed up to a qualification - like FD or degree then fees are capped at £700 a unit and you have until 2017 to complete your qualification before fees are increased.

Roseolivia
12-12-2011, 07:58 AM
I'm doing U212 in JAnuary, i'm glad someone else on here is doing the same.

Hi, well done on completing your NVQ3!

I have completed E100, E105 and I am now on E210 and start U212 in January.

The fees are currently £700 a unit and there are four units (the ones above) for the foundation degree in early years and another one if you want BA and another if you want BA hons.

I have been really lucky as I have had mine funded by the local authority with only a small contribution.

It is massively hard work but hugely rewarding and changes your knowledge and practices greatly. good luck with whatever you decide x

Shivvie
12-12-2011, 08:55 AM
I'm doing U212 in JAnuary, i'm glad someone else on here is doing the same.

I've just applied online to do it in January too. :thumbsup:

sdean
12-12-2011, 09:38 AM
it will be nice if there are a couple of us doing it!