PDA

View Full Version : xmas presents for mindees

VINASOL
11-12-2011, 11:05 AM
...what sort of things do you get and how much do you spend?

samb
11-12-2011, 11:43 AM
I spend less than £5 on each mindee - I am a good bargain hunter so generally looks more expensive than what i paid for it! However, more importantly i try to get something they would like just like I would a niece or nephew. So this year I have got...
M(7 months) - Thomas Tank First words book
D(3 yrs and M's bro) - Thomas book with a steering wheel and buttons
F(22 months) - 2 small "magic books" with pull out pages that change colour - dinosaurs and cars
N(6 yrs and Fs sis)+K(5yrs) - mini zhu zhu pet set
J(6 yrs) - a lego activity book

uf353432
11-12-2011, 12:02 PM
This yer I gave all my famile a bug hotel, I foud a poem called 'The Bug Hotel' and printed it out with xmas border and put it in with the hotel with instruction on the best place to hang it in the garden. They are stunning I had a local craftman make them for me and the best bit they cost me just £7 a unit so I made a saving this year.

The Juggler
11-12-2011, 01:05 PM
about £7 each. have to buy two for the littlies as they have a santa present at the xmas party!

singingcactus
11-12-2011, 02:19 PM
I've got the little guys here a cute orange kitten toy. They are crazy about my orange stripy cat so I have bought them their own toy one.

The bigger ones have some chocoholics chocolates, a letter from santa, and will get them something else individual next week when I go home.

The siblings of the kids I have also have a chocoholics chocolate.

I don't have a price tag for each kid, I just buy them something I know they will like.

kats
11-12-2011, 02:40 PM
I must admit i dont spend a lot, i see it as just a token! i usually get a book and a small selection box for each child :)

Chimps Childminding
11-12-2011, 03:24 PM
June and I usually spend about £5 on each mindee, but we buy things as we see them in the sales throughout the year, so they actually get a more expensive present than we have paid, eg the girls this year have got a soft toy pony in a stable with grooming stuff which we got from Agros for £5 ish but actual price was £12.99. The babies have got shape sorters from Lloyds chemist, also purchased in the sales!!

kel1983
11-12-2011, 03:24 PM
I bought 10 books for £10 from th book people. They are really lovely books. I got 5 little ones do they are getting 2 each of these and th older ones I bought colouring pencils with their names on from studio and a cheap clear pencil case to put them into.

~Grasshopper~
11-12-2011, 03:39 PM
hiya,

i've bought the children all a pair of pj's and will be sending home all the crafts we've been making the parents for the past few weeks.

xx

watgem
11-12-2011, 03:42 PM
I spend up to £10.00 per child and have bought books, art stuff, lamaze baby toys, a dalmation with a collar and lead, peg puzzles, all things the children are interested in really

WibbleWobble
11-12-2011, 03:58 PM
i have spent £10 on each but as i have used my tesco vouchers which were doubled up they cost me nowt!

got each a pressie specific to them

one has some moshlings, one a art set, one a barbie.

i have 10 children here....its the wrapping i am not looking forward to!!!!

mandy xxxxx

kellib
11-12-2011, 04:14 PM
I've spent up to £10 on my mindees, I only have 3 so if I had more I might have spent less :laughing:

I bought my 16 month girl mindee a tea set as she's always playing with the one here, my 15 month boy mindee some pull back racing cars and my 18 month boy mindee a happyland fire engine. All in the ELC sale so does look like I've spent more than what I actually have :thumbsup:

Velleity
11-12-2011, 04:20 PM
I got mine Melissa and Doug wooden presents off on Amazon - nice toys and generally less than ten pounds each :)

loocyloo
11-12-2011, 04:26 PM
most of mine have got books that they love reading here! i have some older mindees who only visit in holidays and i bought a pack of craft kits from argos, so they will each get one of those, as they all love doing craft here!

my littlest mindee (10mth) has some musical instruments as she can't destroy them by eating them :laughing:

i've just got to wrap them now :(

i spend about £5 on each child, but get things in sales/on offer, usually throughout the year.

funemnx
11-12-2011, 05:06 PM
I've got 11 mindees and usually get them something like a Christmas Bauble with their name on £3.00. In the past I've got them selection boxes - this year money is tight so I got them all a tube of Christmas sweets plus a Christmas story book to open at the toddlers Christmas parties from the pound shop.

rosebud
11-12-2011, 07:29 PM
About £5 and I stick to books now as I'm never sure what they've already got at home in toys. You can never have too many books.

crazyhazy
11-12-2011, 07:41 PM
I've spent about £5ish on each child;

13m old has bath stacking cups from elc bought with 20% off
21m old has a peppa jigsaw got in m&s sale
2 x 4y, 5y and 6y have all got a wee set from boots with lip balm, nail polish and hair clips, got them on the 3 for 2

Will probably get a small xmas chocolate thing to go with them as well.

sarahjane
11-12-2011, 07:59 PM
I always get books from the book people for my lot, this year I got a bag of 10 books for £9.99 and each small person got one each and I've kept the rest and the older 2 had a book each for about £4.

Wendybird
11-12-2011, 10:19 PM
I've got each a plain cotton bag that I'm filling with homemade busy bags. I figure I can add to it in the future with activities that suit them at the time. So far I've got planned: color matching wheel (shades of colour for the older one), paper dolls & clothes I printed off the internet, a 'glitter bag' (cheap hair gel mixed with glitter in a baggie and sealed with packaging tape - great sensory toy), a small container of play dough and cheap cutters. The idea is that each activity is self-contained and small enough to chuck in a bag for taking out and about. I got a lot of ideas on pinterest and can't wait to give it to them! :clapping: The most expensive thing are the bags, which I got for £1.79 each on ebay. :thumbsup:

mrs robbie williams
12-12-2011, 06:55 AM
my 3 have selection boxes nice and easy and no arguments :thumbsup:

jelly15
12-12-2011, 07:32 AM
hiya,

i've bought the children all a pair of pj's and will be sending home all the crafts we've been making the parents for the past few weeks.

xx

Me too :thumbsup:

ziggy
12-12-2011, 07:50 AM
I buy each of mine a book and a small selection pack, look out for cheap books through out the year then go on amazon. have also bought each family tub of
celebrations this year

maisiemog
12-12-2011, 11:22 AM
I spend a max of £10 on each child. This year I have a lot more mindees than I did last so started shopping early! All presents are specific to the individual child. One has a book, another has a set of gruffalo dominoes, another craft stuff and another a mr potato head.

Toothfairy
12-12-2011, 11:28 AM
I spend no more than £5 each and I just get them a little thing like a book, wooden toy, craft kit etc depending on their age. :thumbsup:

MAWI
12-12-2011, 11:29 AM
I have 13 on roll, so it gets very expensive.

I've bought 4+year olds an annual (9 of them)from Smyths toys, buy one get one free . and little ones I had some great bargains in M and S on Saturday. All books and jigsaws etc... We're half price, so about £4 each. Currently good deals online too. £8 puzzles for £4 etc..

Last year I took them all on the Santa train o Longleat, but that would cost me £15 per child this year and I'm not prepared to do it again.