PDA

View Full Version : Caf essential?

jadavi
11-12-2011, 07:41 AM
Hi on my rag self assessment I got a red on not having the caf. Do you know if this is a must? My local network lists are always full .
Cheers
Ja
Ps haha that first sentence must sound mad to a newbie ! Apologies!

sarah707
11-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Training on the CAF (Common Assessment Framework - a recording system used for children with additional needs) is not required by the Eyfs or Ofsted.

Some local authorities seem to be introducing more and more 'must do' courses then not providing the courses at times when childminders can attend or in places they can get to easily :rolleyes:

If you want to do the course have a word with your local people. Otherwise as I said it's not required.

Hth :D

lma
13-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Here in the north east we have a learning pool website where we can do our courses online and print out our own certificates as we were all complaining that the courses were put on during the week. Plus there were that many of us waiting for the safeguarding courses etc that when they put the rare one on in the evening or weekend there was a mad rush for everyone trying to get on it and this seems to work well and the online course only took about an hr instead of the 2-3 hrs it would have taken if it was a training course.

Helen79
13-12-2011, 05:00 PM
I gave up a Saturday to do the CAF course and it was a total waste of time. I think that we should only need to do the training if we're actually involved in completing a caf. I can't see me ever needing to use one and tbh even after the training still don't really understand when I'd need to use one :o

helengreen13
13-12-2011, 05:21 PM
I was told when by development officer that when being ragged (which I am being on Friday) I need to only download some information from the CAF website to be covered. Did try to do this but it would not let me

Helen