PDA

View Full Version : When movign how long did you take of?

Shirlwith3
19-05-2008, 05:43 AM
I should be moving in the month or so & was wonding who long any of you took of to move & get settled?
I want to take a week of but hubby said to take of a few days.

Shirl

taiwallis
19-05-2008, 01:11 PM
I shut down from work on the thursday night, and moved friday morning - had sat and sunday and then opened for business on the monday. However, i did do my risk assessment etc and letter to ofsted previous to moving and they said i didn't have to stop. You are not legally (i believe) allowed to carry on childminding until you have your certificate with new address on from OFSTED as you insurance becomes void. (correct me if i am wrong!) if you show due diligence they are pretty good but have heard of people having to shut down for months, waiting for Ofsted.

Monkey1
19-05-2008, 01:14 PM
I had the day to move! ( tuesday) still recovering!!!

charleyfarley
19-05-2008, 01:33 PM
I had a 6 month break when we moved to Oxford, house didn't pass my inspection let alone Ofsted. :laughing:

When we moved to Stoke I had a 3 month break as I was pregnant and wanted my house completely sorted before starting minding again.
Three years later it still isn't completely sorted.

Definatley do the risk assessment and inform Ofsted about the move as your certificate is invalid as my friend found out when she moved and got into a load of trouble cos of it.

Good luck with the move

Carol xxx

christine e
19-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Moved on Saturday. Worked day before and was open for business again the next Monday.
Chrisitine:panic:

devoncm
20-05-2008, 08:53 AM
i moved over a weekend, you do need a new certificate before minding tho for new house i found this out last week when ofsted turned up-luckily though i only have one mindee whos 9 so dont need to be reg for-the parents know this and saw state of my house and was happy for him to stay-its not that bad, just needs painting and carpets and some doors on cupboards in kitchen, not good for baby but 9 yr old is fine.