PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a facebook page for their business?

jumpinjen
10-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi,

I have just joined facebook, gone over to the dark side!

Do you advertise through facebook?

If so, how does it work? what do you put on there? I know facebook and childminding has been controversial in the past!

Thanks, Jen x

aly
10-12-2011, 12:20 PM
i have heres mine
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Little-Peoples-Childminding/245260320006

its a page rather than a profile and i have linked it to my profile, but its seperate which is good....

you're welcome to like the page ;)

jumpinjen
10-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Not sure I can manage to find that function yet!! Will take a look thanks! is that separate to your main stuff so that someone could read your minding page but not see your private stuff that's going on?

Thanks, Jen x

Jiorjiina
10-12-2011, 12:59 PM
I have one as well.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aardvark-Childcare/217650748265350

Again, a business page not a profile. I am the administrator of the page, through my facebook account, but all people can do is 'like' my page. To see my account, they would have to be accepted as my friend.

Once you have a page, you can then use facebook as that page, so I can like things as Aardvark Childcare, as well as me personally.

you're welcome to like the page ;)

Done and done. :thumbsup:

jumpinjen
10-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Thanks,

do you get enquiries through it? I am listed on some basic business link websites and get most of my enquiries through there but moving in Jan to a new area so looking towards advertising my vacancie there for next year!

Jen x

sdean
10-12-2011, 01:40 PM
I have one - again mine is a page which people can "like" but it is separate to my own personal profile. There is an option right at the bottom on the screen on your profile which says "create a page".
mine is
www.facebook.com/pages/Sarah-Dean-Childminding/129648067109473
I use it to put pics of the activities we have done, art work etc and info re training I have attended as well as advertising vacancies when we have them x

jumpinjen
10-12-2011, 01:57 PM
That's what I was hoping to do, use it as a sort of 'living' newsletter with all the updates I save for them and pics of crafts and activities, new resources, reminders etc.

Thanks for sharing!

Jen x

Jiorjiina
10-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Thanks,

do you get enquiries through it? I am listed on some basic business link websites and get most of my enquiries through there but moving in Jan to a new area so looking towards advertising my vacancie there for next year!

Jen x

Not yet, I was planning to use it more as a live newsletter/parents info thing, rather than advertising. Although it is linked to my webpage, so it should help a bit with SEO. I hope!

xgemx
10-12-2011, 03:00 PM
I have a facebook page i think its a fab free advertising space

miss mopple
10-12-2011, 07:25 PM
I do too. Its a great way of keeping parents informed and I link my blog to it too :thumbsup:

If you stick Lynda's Childminding Service into the search bar you'll find me :)

mushpea
10-12-2011, 07:33 PM
I have one - again mine is a page which people can "like" but it is separate to my own personal profile. There is an option right at the bottom on the screen on your profile which says "create a page".
mine is
www.facebook.com/pages/Sarah-Dean-Childminding/129648067109473
I use it to put pics of the activities we have done, art work etc and info re training I have attended as well as advertising vacancies when we have them x

may I ask where you got your 'giant bricks' from or who they are made by so I can google them please

sdean
10-12-2011, 10:36 PM
may I ask where you got your 'giant bricks' from or who they are made by so I can google them please

I got them from Makro but Argos do them too not sure if they are exactly the same but they do have them x
They are fab the children love them - they are great for indoor and outdoor use x

stardust
11-12-2011, 07:59 PM
I have a page and a separate account, parents are added to my account and i update once a week with what we have been up to and any reminders. 2 of my mindees don't live with their dads so its nice that there is a link for the dads to see what they have been up to xx