PDA

View Full Version : Woolworths Sale!

Stanfield
18-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Hi,

Just to let you know our Woolworths have a big sale on outdoor/ garden stuff at the moment.

I picked up some 4 animal shaped folding chairs (like the adult green ones that have a cup holder in the armrest that you take on picnics etc) they were half price at 5.99 each. I also picked up a folding table in the same style at 2.99
Also I bought some make your own grass head people (where the grass grows out of a Mr potatoe head look alike!) 4 in a pack for 3.99. and some funny looking plants that grow out of an egg shell when they are watered ... think they are some kind of bean as when they shoot, the leaf has writing on it saying Thankyou and somw other phrases! These were 4 for 2.99.

They also have lots of outdoor lights, solar lights, signs with "Welcome to my garden", thermometers, plastic plates, cutlery, cups, picnic mats etc all aimed at children.

Get down their for a bargin for summer activities!

Lucy

manjay
18-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Our local superstore one is closing down. everything is in the sale. It does look like a jumble sale in there but there are some fab bargains. I got a Little Tikes jungle climber for £40!!

amanda xx

miffy
19-05-2008, 05:37 AM
Great bargains ladies - thanks for letting us know

I feel another shopping trip coming on

miffy xx

emler
19-05-2008, 06:06 AM
Thank you :thumbsup:

Emler x

angeldelight
19-05-2008, 06:42 AM
Thank you Lucy

Angel xx

Tatia
19-05-2008, 06:43 AM
I was just there yesterday, looking for Disney Princess Barbies for my DDs birthday (I've caved in on the whole cruddy DP enterprise:o ) and hemmed and hawed over buying the kiddie hammock they had for only £9.99. We didn't in the end because we already had so much other stuff to carry and it was heavy but will prob end up going back for it this week.

ajs
19-05-2008, 06:47 AM
I was just there yesterday, looking for Disney Princess Barbies for my DDs birthday (I've caved in on the whole cruddy DP enterprise:o ) and hemmed and hawed over buying the kiddie hammock they had for only £9.99. We didn't in the end because we already had so much other stuff to carry and it was heavy but will prob end up going back for it this week.

you're a tough mum if you don't cave in.
it's everywhere pink barbie crap i hated it but charlotte absolutley loved the whole shebang.
alex preferred the real life kind of dolls ones you could be mum to, not the big tits and small waists on the barbies

Tatia
19-05-2008, 07:01 AM
I like the DPs on their own, in their movies. I love Disney movies and the heroines were pretty plucky gals. It's just the conglomerate, you know, the idea, the whole pink sticky sweet package that promotes the princess mentality for little girls ( same as the pink Barbie and Bratz junk everywhere). I tried so hard to avoid it, making sure she had trucks and trains as well as dollies and tea sets. I remember her first Mega Block dump truck I bought for her and my mother saying "Tatia, she's a girl!" :rolleyes:

Anyway, *ahem*, I'm sorry! Didn't mean to start a rant in a perfectly good Woolie's thread!:o

:ROFL1:

littlewonders
19-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Ooooh Thank you :clapping: :thumbsup: .....spend...spend....spend :littleangel:

LOOPYLISA
19-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Hi,

Just to let you know our Woolworths have a big sale on outdoor/ garden stuff at the moment.

I picked up some 4 animal shaped folding chairs (like the adult green ones that have a cup holder in the armrest that you take on picnics etc) they were half price at 5.99 each. I also picked up a folding table in the same style at 2.99
Also I bought some make your own grass head people (where the grass grows out of a Mr potatoe head look alike!) 4 in a pack for 3.99. and some funny looking plants that grow out of an egg shell when they are watered ... think they are some kind of bean as when they shoot, the leaf has writing on it saying Thankyou and somw other phrases! These were 4 for 2.99.

They also have lots of outdoor lights, solar lights, signs with "Welcome to my garden", thermometers, plastic plates, cutlery, cups, picnic mats etc all aimed at children.

Get down their for a bargin for summer activities!

Lucy
Yippee love woolies, you can find almost everything in there! x:thumbsup:

Wendy Woo
19-05-2008, 12:09 PM
:thumbsup: YAY more thing to spend on (maybe just a little bit)
Thank u very much

tomthumb
19-05-2008, 01:11 PM
thank you for the tip :clapping:

Elodie XX