PDA

View Full Version : 9 year old

wonderwoman80
09-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Just recently started minding a nine year old two afternoons after school. Just wondered what toys anyone has that nine yr old girls enjoy playing with?

sarah707
09-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Reading books, colouring pictures, crafts and collages, Hama beads, playdough with sparkles, dolls (just growing out of them but likes the dress up ones), puzzle books, playing with the little ones, cooking, Jenga...

Hth :D

rosebud
09-12-2011, 05:18 PM
I had a 9 year old the other day and she was quite happy playing with the Happyland for an hour! I had it set up for the little ones and she just sat down and started playing. Sometimes they are happy with simple things, perhaps because they don't get to play at school. I used to have one who was too "grown up" to play so I used to ask her to help set up the playmobil or lego for the little ones and then she'd "forget" and play for ages.

~Grasshopper~
09-12-2011, 10:03 PM
hiya,

my 8 yr old mindee just plays with all the younger ones toys, i bought her loads of barbie stuff but she'd rather play with the younger children and there things.

fav things are drawing/ writing/ etch a sketch/ play dough/ anything crafty/ dressing up clothes/ books/ dancing / mega blocks.

xx

pinky21
13-12-2011, 09:13 PM
hi as a mum of 3 girls 15 , 10 and 7. i would say it depends on what she likes my girls are all very different, the older 1 and youngest would be very happy with dolls & crafts but my middle daughter would have died !!!! if you gave her a doll or crafts she loves sports so footballs , bikes she will be outdoors in all weathers if i let her in door stuff would be anything like subbuteo, computer games of course in the right age range, cars think toy boy and you would be on the right lines. I guess the best thing to do is ask her what she likes to do. xx