PDA

View Full Version : snow days

Helen79
09-12-2011, 11:46 AM
We haven't had any snow here yet but wanted to get a policy written to give to parents just in case.

3 days a week I collect mindees at school in the morning when I drop ds off at nursery and drop them off at school when I collect him in the afternoon. Then another mindee gets dropped off at my house at 10am and I meet mum at school in the afternoon.
So if it snows and I can't drive (our road didn't get gritted last year and because we're on a hill it's impossible to get out) and I can't collect the children what should I charge?
The other 2 days mindees get dropped and collected at my house.

I think last year mindees were all dropped and collected at my house so if they didn't come I think I still charged as I was still open.

AliceK
09-12-2011, 01:18 PM
We haven't had any snow here yet but wanted to get a policy written to give to parents just in case.

3 days a week I collect mindees at school in the morning when I drop ds off at nursery and drop them off at school when I collect him in the afternoon. Then another mindee gets dropped off at my house at 10am and I meet mum at school in the afternoon.
So if it snows and I can't drive (our road didn't get gritted last year and because we're on a hill it's impossible to get out) and I can't collect the children what should I charge?
The other 2 days mindees get dropped and collected at my house.
I think last year mindees were all dropped and collected at my house so if they didn't come I think I still charged as I was still open.

I would say that if you can't get to the agreed spot for the mindees to be dropped off to you and the parents can't get the children to your house then you can't charge anything. Although you are officially still open for work you can't fulfill your side of the contract and pick them up so I don't see how you can charge. Others might disagree though as I don't think this is what you wanted to hear :(

xxxx

candy cat
09-12-2011, 01:23 PM
I wrote one yesterday, but i only do a nursery pick up....I just put that I will not drive if roads are bad (ours is the prob too) I put that if they can pick up or arrange someone else to do it then I wouldn't charge as I am choosing not to do it....For the rest of children i am open so full fees apply x