PDA

View Full Version : Outside play area ideas... HELP!

Stanfield
18-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Hi,

I am in the process of building a huge outdoor play area (mostly for the benifit of my own little boy, but will come in handy with my mindees also). I am having a seaside / beach theme.
So far I am going to have a huge pirate ship in the middle with blue bark chippings for the sea, a large sandpit for the beach, a beach hut style house, and I would like a sensory garden with different pots for colours, smells, textures etc.
I origenally thought of tractor tyres for pots for the sensory garden, but these are not very beach themed, then though of drift wood (but this is hard to source where I am, and expensive). My latest though was a hole in the ground with large stones surrounding it with shells stuck all over them ( as in a rock pool type area).

Has anyone got any other ideas / suggestions for the sensory garden, additions to the playarea or any other changes etc. Ideally I would like to add a bit more but am running out of ideas.

Help me please!!!!

Thanks, Lucy

Donkey
18-05-2008, 10:00 PM
wow, I love you idea!
sorry I cant help more, post pictures though :)

angeldelight
19-05-2008, 06:51 AM
Are you sure you need any ideas from us lot

It sounds really lovely with what you have planned already

Angel xx

miffy
19-05-2008, 06:58 AM
I agree you have some lovely ideas there - you have a very lucky little boy :)

miffy xx

Chimps Childminding
19-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Not sure how big you wanted them - but what about kids seaside buckets for the plants?

mum22
19-05-2008, 05:32 PM
WOW - sounds great already - please please can we have some pictures.

helen

Stanfield
19-05-2008, 08:12 PM
I will post some pictures when it is all going forward ... I have all the plans in place and the money / labourers (my dad, husband and step son!!!:laughing: ) waiting but we have yet to exchange on the purchase of the patch of field at the back of our garden, its definatly going through but the solicitor is poor on the sellers end.:angry:

Cant wait to get started!

Cammie Doodle
19-05-2008, 08:25 PM
What about a sail -it would be useful to provide some shade, and would fit in well with the theme!!!!!!

donnahay0
19-05-2008, 08:50 PM
I was thinking of a sail too, what about some netting (would have to be done safely though) I know you have a pirate ship but what about an old rowing boat (or part of) you could put plants in it.

Your garden sounds lovely - think we would all like to come and play.

You will have to send us some photos.

Donkey
13-06-2008, 09:46 PM
hows it going?