PDA

View Full Version : cancelling a contract during the settling in period

happyhere
09-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Hello, I am both new to the forum and childminding, so here goes.....
I have a LO who is in a settling in period until the 28th of December, I feel it is not working out, and is perhaps causing my other 2 LO's to miss out on certain things as well.

I want to explain this to the parents and cancel the contract, but not sure on the wording. Can anyone help please?

many thanks :)

Mummits
09-12-2011, 11:14 AM
I think I would discuss with the parents along the lines of saying I was concerned that the little one was not really settling and that perhaps they were struggling with the fact that you obviously need to divide your attention between the three children and try to have routines that balance all their needs...so regretfully you feel his/her needs might be better met in another setting and so are terminating the contract (giving whatever notice you feel able).

Then in the formal letter all you need to say is something like "Following our recent discussion, this is to formally confirm that we have agreed that it is appropriate to end our childcare agreement with immediate effect/with effect from ....... Charges up to that date are .... and are payable by ......

Details of alternative childcare providers are obtainable from ........(e.g local FIS).

Thank you for your understanding, and my best wishes to .... and all the family.