PDA

View Full Version : How times have changed

Greengrass74
09-12-2011, 09:17 AM
In the car this morning on the school run and the conversation was about Santa and Christmas lists.

One LO stated that he had sent his email to Santa and that he had recieved an email back with a video message from Santa.

In my day it was a letter up the chimney, that's technology I suppose :rolleyes:

Chimps Childminding
09-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Sometimes I think it is going a bit far now, some of our mindees have a letter back from the toothfairy too!

But this made me smile. I was talking to my hairdresser last week and she has a 4 year old son. I asked if he had done his list, expecting it to be huge with all sorts on. She said yes he had written

Dear Santa

Please could I have a Bob the Builder Tool Kit, some game that I (Carolyn) can't remember and a bar of chocolate. The mum asked if that was all he wanted and he said - do you think he would let me have another bar of chocolate? :)

Makes a change from computers, phones etc. but I suppose he is only 4 - it will change!

FussyElmo
09-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Whan ds was nearly 3 all he wanted was chocolate. Santa asked him what else he wanted and he said sweeties. The first present he opened was a selection box and he was really happy :D Now he is nearly 5 well wants everything he sees on the tv :)

Chimps Childminding
09-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Whan ds was nearly 3 all he wanted was chocolate. Santa asked him what else he wanted and he said sweeties. The first present he opened was a selection box and he was really happy :D Now he is nearly 5 well wants everything he sees on the tv :)

I've got a 4 1/2 year old mindee like that! Every advert that comes on "I want one of those" :laughing:

When my sons were little we took them to see Santa for my youngest's birthday treat (20th Dec) FC asked my oldest son (4 at the time) what he wanted for Christmas and he piped up a remote control Thomas the Tank Engine - hadn't been mentioned before :panic: Good old FC come Christmas morning there it was!! By Boxing Day the wire connecting it to the control has been pulled off where he and his brothers had fought over it :rolleyes:

smurfette
09-12-2011, 09:51 AM
For those that are interested in this the email video from Santa is www.portablenorthpole.tv it really is brilliant! Mine send a traditional letter but get this back and it's free (but yiu can buy to keep after Christmas or yiu can't look at it anymore)

EmmaReed84
09-12-2011, 09:51 AM
2 years ago I was working in a shop. I was putting DS to bed and we were chatting about what he would do at Nannys in the morning. Then he asked why I had to work. So I said that mummy needs to work to help santa pay for all his presents and DS (who was 4 at the time) said "But Mummy if I just ask for one toy, can you stay at home with me and not work?" Ahhhhh xxxx

I ended up downstairs in floods of tears, that was the driving force in getting my backside in to gear and get childminding

Tealady
10-12-2011, 11:13 AM
That portable north pole thing is brilliant, especially for older children who are begining to doubt whether the man in red is real

littleelm
10-12-2011, 03:15 PM
We have a nearly 4 year old mindee and all she wants for christmas is a Peppa Pig Magazine and an advent calendar! Bless her!

Then you have my friends almost 10 year old son, who has asked for an xbox 360, xbox games, his own laptop, a tv on the wall of his bedroom, a new bike, a remote control car .... and the list goes on! He doesn't understand how much all of this will costs and is going to be quite disappointed come christmas morning!

xgemx
10-12-2011, 03:19 PM
My kids loved the portable north pole videos