PDA

View Full Version : Days out in the Christmas Holidays

JennyM
08-12-2011, 10:17 PM
The week of the 19th-23rd December, I have two days where I will have a six year old mindee aswell as my two daughters aged three and 14 months.

I need ideas of things to do please. We have lots of art and craft activities planned and some baking but I need ideas for other things. There will be the odd DVD watched here and there but I would like to go out but don't want to have to spend too much money and obviously it is going to be cold.

What sorts of things do you have planned?

Twinkles
08-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Winter walks can be fun if they're wrapped up warmly.

We have a farm with a soft play barn near us too so a quick look at the animals and then adjourn to the barn for play and hot chocolate !

christine e
09-12-2011, 07:19 AM
we will be aiming to get outside in the fresh air so local country parks (one has a Christmas Trail so will be doing that), feeding ducks, maybe a ride on miniature steam railway - will be avoiding soft play areas though!

Cx

singlewiththree
09-12-2011, 07:23 AM
Local garden centre to see the christmas decorations, maybe ride the train if its on and now they have installed a small soft play for free :)

FussyElmo
09-12-2011, 07:42 AM
Mine dont finish school till the 22nd :thumbsup:

JennyM
09-12-2011, 10:50 AM
I am very jealous, Elmo!

Garden Centre is a great idea. There isn't one with a train here but they do have lots of animals and it will kill a couple of hours. Maybe I'll take them to Morrison's for lunch on the way back for a treat. :))

I have a day planned at a farm which has lots of Christmas stuff going on and my husband will be here so he can stay at home with my youngest.

I just have one more day to plan for now. I think Country Park in the morning and then library and out for a hot chocolate in the afternoon!

Thanks all.

Jelly Baby
09-12-2011, 01:16 PM
I was thinking this too as always try to get out but haven't as many days as i thought to fill which is good! We have a zoo near us which i have a pass for and gets lots of use as a soft play to dive into if wet. A farm which has a lovely walk and cafe. Also go round another childminders house and here here if we are having a short day. Library? And the usual crafts and baking. Enjoy!