PDA

View Full Version : Want to go back to child minding any advise?

Rach555
08-12-2011, 10:12 PM
I did child minding three years I really enjoyed it but moved home an few months later so decided to get a little job just until we had settled into our home but ended up staying two years then going on maternity leave i have just gone back but I am missing my baby like mad! I would love to go back to child minding as it would fit around my two children brilliantly, would I need to go through the whole process again or do a refresher course? How long will this take? any advise would be much appreciated, many thanks x :)

The Juggler
09-12-2011, 01:17 PM
I did child minding three years I really enjoyed it but moved home an few months later so decided to get a little job just until we had settled into our home but ended up staying two years then going on maternity leave i have just gone back but I am missing my baby like mad! I would love to go back to child minding as it would fit around my two children brilliantly, would I need to go through the whole process again or do a refresher course? How long will this take? any advise would be much appreciated, many thanks x :)

i think you registration stays open 3 years hon, depends whether you officially told ofsted you were ceasign minding. if you have or the 3 years is lapsed you will have to start all over again, I'm afraid.

Good luck though and welcome back to to minding x

Penny1959
09-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Juggler is right - if you kept your registration open you will still be registrered if it has been less than 3 years since you stopped minding.

If the 3 years is up you will have had a letter from Ofsted suggesting that you de register - as that emables you to register again (where as if they de reregister you - you can't re register.

If you actually told them that you were stopping childminding - then as Juggler says you will have to start all over again - I did including doing the introductory course.

Good luck

Penny :)

Rach555
09-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Thanks for advise, rang ncma today and booked myself in for a pre reg briefing 2nd feb probably could do with starting again as I can't remember much of it.