PDA

View Full Version : Checking on light sleepers

keeks
08-12-2011, 05:16 PM
I wonder what you all do if you have a child who is a light sleeper. If I open the bedroom door to check on one of my mindees he instantly wakes up, sits up and cries. Luckily he breathes loud enough for me to hear him through the door, but there are numerous times I have woken him up trying to check on him.

Do we have to actually see them when checking on them, or is it ok to just listen by the door? I've been thinking of getting one of those camera monitors, but they are very expensive.

xx

amirose
08-12-2011, 05:29 PM
I have a camera monitor its fantastic. I got mine off ebay for £45. They are extremely expensive new but can be bought for a reasonable price second hand, I love mine best thing I ever bought.
A camera monitor isn't a necessity of course but I would highly recommend one :)

sarah707
08-12-2011, 06:09 PM
You are checking to make sure the child is breathing, not tangled in blankets, not escaped from the cot, not overheating, not in pain, not having a convulsion... lots of things not just hearing them breathe through the door... so I would always say a visual check and occasional touch is important.

it's hard with light sleepers though :(

Velleity
08-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Keep the door open perhaps so you can go in with less hassle.

onceinabluemoon
08-12-2011, 06:26 PM
I have a motorola video monitor. It cost me about £100 from Next,com but is fab and worth it's price. I can't imagine not being able to just glance up and see they're ok.

The Juggler
08-12-2011, 09:55 PM
i leave the door open so I can peek without waking :thumbsup:

keeks
08-12-2011, 10:05 PM
I think I have to get a camera. It is impossible to leave the door open as any sound from other mindees wakes him up. I try to go out for walks so he will sleep in the buggy as often as possible, and strangely he does sleep in the buggy although not for long.

Perhaps the camera will have to be my Christmas present for myself!

xx