PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck

Wendybird
08-12-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm giving notice to my bad payer - eek! She was 5 days late paying this invoice, didn't turn up with the money when she said she was going to, ignored my e-mails and texts, only included 1 days late payment and lied about when she transfered the money (I called the bank). So far she has only paid me on time once, by accident and is now making more off CT than she pays me as she dropped some hours. She is also very unreliable, I never know when she is going to turn up. She also sent him today at 1:45 with no lunch and I suspect she often doesn't feed him before he comes to mine as he is soooo hungry (I don't mind feeding kids, just feel taken for granted). To make it worse, my printer has annoyingly decided now is the time to not print for no reason - so I have to e-mail my letter to her. I will tell her in person first and e-mail the letter as a PDF later. Ugh, I so don't want to do this, but need to buck up! Send me some courage :blush:

rosebud
08-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Good luck. Sounds like you've made the right decision. Just focus on how much easier your life will be without her in it!

smurfette
08-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Best of luck sounds like you are SO doing the right thing! Hope you get somebody lovely who treats u right. Be strong you will feel better as soon as it is done. Let us know how you get on!

sarah707
08-12-2011, 06:20 PM
You deserve respect xx

Wendybird
08-12-2011, 07:06 PM
I didn't do it. I was all prepared and then my kid started dancing about screeching his numbers and generally being very funny at pick up time and then she was gone. I know she knows something is up - shes in and out like a flash and usually she wants to have a chat (unless she owes me money). I'm going to call her tonight after kids go to bed - short, sweet and send the letter. I'm posting this for accountability as I really don't want to make the call. Sigh.

appleblossom
08-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Did you do it?

samb
08-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Oh no that's awful when you are all ready psyched up for it and then your child plays up and you can't! Have you managed to call? How did it go?

Wendybird
08-12-2011, 11:00 PM
I didn't call. I literally just sat down 10 minutes ago (Ofsted coming tomorrow for first graded visit - awesome :rolleyes: ). So I did the cowardly thing and sent an e-mail with the PDF formal letter. Otherwise it was going to drag into January and been far messier (for me). I feel guilty, but the e-mail was nice and professional and I said that I would not reconsider my decision, but am very happy to talk to her about it. I suspect she is going to feign shock and act like she doesn't understand. Not great, but at least I've got it out there now. Honestly, her little boy is hard work, but I'm fond of him, as is my son, and I'm really sorry it didn't work out. But I have really bent over backwards. Stupidly, if she had just been honest with me ONCE instead of excuse after excuse I would not be so angry. Not having money I understand, lying to me as though I'm quite stupid I can't abide.

Hey ho, I'll let you know how it goes.