PDA

View Full Version : Settling in period

Lea-mumof2 :)
07-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Hi girls
Been a while since I have been on hope ur all well and looking forward to christmas :)
I have a prospective coming for second visit sat , and she just called to ask about a settling in period Ive stated that is 4 weeks on my parent pack but she wanted to kind of do a staged leave during the first week so the first day she will stay 1hr second 45mins and so on and so on .. Her little one is 14months as this is my first mindee & it will be half term what jind of things would you have planned and be doung whilst parent is there ? What do u think is most important in your first week ? Sorry million and ine questions again !!!

Thanks

Lea

christine e
08-12-2011, 06:54 AM
I would start the four week settling in period when the actual contracted hours start so I would not include the first week of visits.

With regard to activities I would have a selection of age appropriate toys and let the little one choose what he/she wants to do but remember to interact lots

Good luck

Cx

sarah707
08-12-2011, 07:52 AM
I ask parents to organise 2 x 1 hour settling in visits before the child starts with me to make sure we get along together.

I ask for one of them over a meal time. You can pick up any concerns and make sure the child is happy.

Then it's a standard month during which time either party can cancel if it's not working for them.

Good luck with it all! :D

Lea-mumof2 :)
08-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Yea thats what I have written done but her current childminder has given notice ending on 17th dec so she needs me to start the 19th and she cant get time off work to do introductory visits :-/ I have ordered a bundle of used vtech toys that will be great and as she is 14 month I have crayons and big xmas pictures ready during these visits it will be breakfast time so thä will take up alot of the time xx

Im really excited but also so nervous !!