PDA

View Full Version : When do you close?

rhea26
07-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Hi, I am currently 11 weeks pregnant and been suffering with a bad cold/cough/sore throat plus the morning sickness, had to close on tues as felt awful but opened today as felt bad letting parents down and felt better this morn, by 9 though I was shattered!
I have almost lost my voice and my mindee said today why is your voice funny?!
I dont want to let parents down but obviously feel bad having mindees if I feel ill and dont feel like I can provide the care I usually do for them, I also have my 4 yr old and 2 yr old to look after, obviously if my voice goes completely I cant open but wondered how ill are you to have to close?

Tink
08-12-2011, 07:15 AM
I think only you know that. If you feel too ill to be able to look after the children and give them your full attention, then you might be better letting parents know so they can make other arrangements.
You need to get yourself better especially if you are pregnant, hope you feel better soon xx

ziggy
08-12-2011, 08:32 AM
oh my word thats a lot to cope with, being pregnant, feeling ill and having 2 little ones of your own. Maybe it would be better to close for rest of this week and get yourself feeling bit better. big hugs

rhea26
08-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks for your replies, its difficult as I feel ok when I get up but once I have done something or gets mid morning I feel shattered and ill again, feel bad letting parents down although on fri the mum doesnt work so I know she can have mindees but its also the loss of money :(

LOOPYLISA
08-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Hope you feel better soon, i am slowley loosing my voice today!

rosebud
08-12-2011, 04:53 PM
I usually manage to dose myself up with something and keep going (unless d&v) I hate letting people down. However sometimes you need to give yourself a break to let your body mend - especially when you're pregnant.