PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!! Kaiser or buggy snuggle???

mummyMia
07-12-2011, 04:51 PM
I have a P&T explorer and desperately need some footmuffs for it. Having done some research it seems that the Kaiser and the Buggy Snuggle are the best fit (although both soooo expensive). I have never actually seen either of these in person so am really not sure which would be better. The Kaiser looks really warm and hardwearing but I am not sure if it would be too bulky for the second seat. Also not sure if it would stay up as it doesn't seem to have any ties at the top. The Buggy Snuggles look like they would fit better, especially in the second seat, but they seem quite thin in the pictures. I am also worried that the fleece fabric won't wash very well or last a long time. I really hate the way fleece normally gets those little bobbles.

I need something warm, that will wash well and last ages! Any advice greatly appreciated:)

AliceK
07-12-2011, 05:14 PM
I can vouch for the Buggy Snuggle they are great. Really soft and warm and mine have always washed up lovely with no sign of bobbles. Can't comment on the Kaiser as never had one.

xxxx

sarah707
07-12-2011, 05:44 PM
I recently bought a buggy snuggle after taking advice and it is fab! It washes well and looks lovely. The children are nice and warm in it and it's spacious so it's easy to zip up.

The new ones have 2 zips from the bottom which look even easier - mine is an older style. No bobbles either :D

edayhouse
07-12-2011, 06:56 PM
I have 2 buggy snuggles and live them they wash and dry really well too. I got both of mine from eBay
X

mushpea
07-12-2011, 07:13 PM
i just use a blanket,, keeps them just as warm and is easy to wash and fits all sizes.

francinejayne
07-12-2011, 09:14 PM
I have both!!!

The buggy snuggle are great, IMO the kaiser are better!!! The Kaiser are sooooooooooo thick and snuggly, my children sleep outside in them virtually all year round and they are so snuggly and warm.

The buggy snuggle do wash well, and are nice and long for older children, and you can unzip the top to just have a liner.

The Kaiser is easier access as it is from the zip across the middle. You can unzip the feet bit of the Kaiser for even older/taller children or for muddy shoes! Downside of the Kaiser - it is really only useful in Winter as it is too warm for the other months!! Although it doesn't have ties at the top I don't find it a problem fitting and staying in my P&T.

I would recommend both, guess it depends on which you prefer! My fave is the Kaiser though as it is showerproof too!

Crumpy
07-12-2011, 10:07 PM
I have both too and I love, love, love the Kaiser! It is like one of those Arctic sleeping bags- so snuggly! My one is called a kaiser Igloo and it fits round baby's head. I got mine from an ebay shop new for about £38 this time last year.:)

handeme
08-12-2011, 12:10 PM
buggy snuggle for me x x

mummyMia
08-12-2011, 01:57 PM
The Kaiser is easier access as it is from the zip across the middle. You can unzip the feet bit of the Kaiser for even older/taller children or for muddy shoes! Downside of the Kaiser - it is really only useful in Winter as it is too warm for the other months!! Although it doesn't have ties at the top I don't find it a problem fitting and staying in my P&T.

Do you use a Kaiser in the second seat too? Does it fit? From the pitures it kind of looks like it would take up the whole of the basket and the child's feet wouldn't fit any more!

francinejayne
08-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Do you use a Kaiser in the second seat too? Does it fit? From the pitures it kind of looks like it would take up the whole of the basket and the child's feet wouldn't fit any more!

yes it fits fine! my tall 3 and a half year old can fit in it in the bottom seat too, though his legs have to be bent! it does fill the basket under the top seat, but there is room for the child in there too!

The Juggler
08-12-2011, 09:54 PM
kaiser. i walk everywhere and it keeps them warm even in snow. the other day was 2 degrees, my 1 year old had no mittens on but kept her hands in. we were out for an hour and her hands were still toasty. long enough for toddlers too and unzips at teh bottom so their feet can poke out but still keep their bodies warm :)