PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma - don't know what to do!

Susiesoo
07-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Hi all,

I know I'm not a regular poster on here, but I frequently use the site for information and advice, so I hope no-one minds me writing this. I childmind part time - just 3 children on 2 1/2 days, 1 on Mondays and 1/2 day on Tues and 2 on Fridays. I've got a new baby starting with me for 2 days next March, on Weds and Thurs - although no contracts signed yet but I think it's pretty definite. A job has come up in my children's school in the (outstanding) nursery as an assistant, which after lots of thought I have applied for and I have an interview tomorrow. I love the children I look after and I know they love me too, but I really struggle with using my house for work and the whole Ofsted thing,( I got a good last time) plus I would love to work with other adults. I know I may not get the job, but I don't know what to do if I do. My own kids (11,9 and 4) are usually great with my mindees - they are very affectionate and caring with them. The parents of my mindees are very good friends and I hate the thought of letting them down, they always tell me how much their children love me! We all go to the same church and the mindee children cry when I leave the room and want to follow me! The nursery job is only till July but I guess I hope it will be extended. I have huge admiration for childminders, I'm not sure I'm great at the paperwork stuff but I know my mindees are cared for and loved as if they are my own. I only do term time anyway so business is always going to be quiet. I feel so horribly guilty!

Pipsqueak
07-12-2011, 10:14 AM
I think deep down your mind is made up - you want to not do the minding!
If you get this job then go for it and enjoy it.

:D

EmmaReed84
07-12-2011, 10:15 AM
You need to do what is right for you and your family. If it helps sit and write down the pros and cons of each situation and weigh up which you feel will suit your needs better. You are the one who has to live with the decision you make so make sure it is what you want and not something you are doing to please others xxx

sophia36
07-12-2011, 12:22 PM
I think you sound like you have made your mind up. It will be awkward telling your parents about your decision but try and remember that you are working for yourself and your family. A happy mum equals a happy family!

The Juggler
07-12-2011, 01:19 PM
if you get the job, then you just tell them you've loved looking after the kids but due to personal reasons you need to give up minding and go back out to work.:)

good luck with the interviw

peppa Pig
07-12-2011, 04:27 PM
do you know of any other minders with places you could recommend or may be the children could start nursery where you will be? I always finds it softens the blow when you have to let someone down if you can offer some sort of solution. Good luck with your interview.