PDA

View Full Version : toys for under 3s

tashaleee
07-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Most of the children I have are literally just 3 or all under 3 - what toys would you recommend for this age group as I need to have a 'revamp' of my playroom?

AgentTink
07-12-2011, 12:02 PM
The same toys come out in my house everyday when its free play - Mega Blocks (I have a huge flexi tub full of it that i have collected along the way), play food with the tea trolley set, tool kit and the ride on cars and bikes (this depends on how much room you have. And the most favorite is my black board and chalk which is free to use at all times as the children all know to keep the chalk with the board :) . Mine are 17 months, 21 months and 30 months

The Juggler
07-12-2011, 01:21 PM
blocks, smallworld, treasure baskets, bead frames, discovery boxes, a pop up tent with shakers or sensory toys in. cars and train sets too.:thumbsup:

sarah707
07-12-2011, 05:58 PM
cars, trains, blocks, Lego, jigsaws, drawing and stencils, messy play (lots)... they are just coming into imaginative play at this age and will spend hours being superheroes in the garden as well :D

kellib
07-12-2011, 07:46 PM
I have a 18 month, a 16 month and a 15 month and they all love anything to do with trains, buses, cars etc as well as anything noisy. I have a footprint mat that says the numbers when you stand on them, they love that! Also got a Balamory one that drives me insane but again they love it :laughing:

Pretend food is another favourite :)

rosebud
07-12-2011, 08:07 PM
cardboard boxes.

Nature'sKids!
07-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Any open ended toys! (wooden building blocks, I LOVE the technics range from HABA, play silks, tree blocks, duplo, light table,...)
Dens are always good - we use out Tony discovery dome for building quick and easy dens - aside from using it for what it was made, obviously

Chalk board

Playdough!!

Hobby horse

Stacking cups, tubs, plastic cups,... With things to pour in and out (rice, lentils, conkers, my own ds loves coins! Give him two mugs, one filled with coins and he's playing for ever! Lol

lauren1979
08-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Duplo
Play food/kitchen and related equipment!
Till and play food for playing shops
Play dough
Happy land
games like elefun/pop up pirate they like - short and simple

Favourite thing is taking all the cushions off the sofa and doing stepping stones :)

watgem
08-12-2011, 05:40 PM
my little ones are all under 2, they enjoy duplo, babies and accessories, toy mobile phones, kitchen and accessories, books, paper and easy markers, sand/water tray, treasure baskets, musical instruments, little people/happyland and dancing to music