PDA

View Full Version : tripple buggy nightmeare

jojobell
06-12-2011, 06:08 PM
tripple buggy HELP dont have a clue............... destined to never get through a doorway again, hate the side by side tripples well get stuck and take up the whole pavement.............. any suggestions???????? can anyone recomend buggypods?

onceinabluemoon
06-12-2011, 08:42 PM
I have an Adventure Buggy Company (ABC) Everest triple.

It is a twin ATP with a triple seat on top of the hood. It works well for me ( 5'6") but wouldn't be a lot of good if you were only 5 foot tall. I had to take the bumper bar off the double bit to get it to fit easily through my front door. They are made in New Zealand but often come up on ebay 2nd hand. In my experience they are the easiest triples to push and if you remove the wheels fold of to about 4 inches depth (but are long).

Any more details put adventure buggy company into a search engine.

cas2805
06-12-2011, 08:58 PM
What ages do you have? Have a triple side by side and totally agree, not easy to push, in face in the snow, couldn't even drag it backwards!

Now they are around 2 1/2 so we use the nipper 360 double and the oldest goes on a buggy board, they all fight to go on it!

jane5
06-12-2011, 09:01 PM
I have the same as onceinablue moon. It is the only option for me and is very stable, easy to push and is quite narrow for a side by side double.

I had a buggypod 2 and it was very heavy to push and really pulled on my shoulder. I didnt like it but I know others on here have them and like them.

rachelle
06-12-2011, 09:04 PM
I use a phil and teds with a lascal maxi board on it. Brake and bottom seat still useable and child high enough to hold handle and not stick head through.

Never had a triple that fits through a door though.:(

zippy
06-12-2011, 09:14 PM
You can get different types of abc buggys, you can get a single one with a double seat on top facing you looks amazing I ha a single abc, with one top seat facing, and another single seat on front like a tandem, bit front heavy on steering if I was getting one again I'd get first one I described, go on gobubba website have a look at different options then keep an eye on ebay

The Juggler
06-12-2011, 09:45 PM
i've got the t3 jogger. same width if not smaller than my old double side by side. downside, huge when folded and I don't have a garage and have to carry the thing through my house to the bunker out the back and can't even lift it into my boot of my car on my own.

However, lovely to push. :)

mama2three
07-12-2011, 08:21 AM
Mine is a t3 ( valco , but exactly the same!) - can fit through the front door of friends houses but not mine which is particularly narrow. Pushes easily with 2 or 3 seats , fits in the car boot when folded but is heavy to lift in and out. I would definately recommend it. I was looking at the triplette which has 3 seats in front of each other , would that be a better option for you?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peg-Perego-Triplet-stroller-Triplette-SW-Java-/130584426233?pt=UK_Baby_BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL&hash=item1e677036f9 but do come up second hand occasionally too.

jojobell
07-12-2011, 08:25 AM
hiya, thanks all for ure replys, my places are all parttimers so i have a diffrent comibination of children each day but after jan on my books i will have a 18 month a 16 month a 13 month an 11 month and a 2 and 1/2 year old............... somedays i will have the full capicity in my early years bit so 3 of them the problem is there all under 3 moslty not even 2 so cnt get away with buggy bords...............not even sure is i can get away with an abc with toddler seat??????!!!!! lol nightmear haha lol also all theese under 2s my house is beinging to resiamle a soft play centre too with the amount of foam ive had to put everywhere for my wobbly walkers lol................. all part of the job!!!!!!!! lol

mama2three
07-12-2011, 08:27 AM
The t3 toddler seat is fine once they can sit unaided - my 10 month old loved it! I just had to decide which child was the least likely to fall asleep and they got the toddler seat!

Pandypops
07-12-2011, 08:29 AM
I have the ABC Adventure triple and I love it. I also have 3 under 2's and I don't know how I would cope without it. The toddler seat is removable so it can be a great double too. It's easy to push as it has great suspension and easy to fold (heavy to lift though).

I got mine for a bargain on gumtree.com and there are often some on ebay. I have heard the T3 is the next best thing too. Hope you find one you like :)

T0ffee
07-12-2011, 12:29 PM
I had exactly the same dilemma! So I purchased a bibi stroller, it attches to my double and it goes at the back of the double to your side!! I purchased it from eBay and it cost about £100! Worth it's weight in gold, my best purchase ever- a strap goes around the waist and they can sit on it from 18 months onwards.

mummyMia
07-12-2011, 02:00 PM
I look after three children all aged under 2. I have a P&T with a buggypod. I love the P&T but not the buggypod so much. On level ground it is fine to push, a little heavy perhaps but quite manageable. The problem I have is that in my area most people have a dropped curb so the whole pavement pretty much slopes down towards the road. It is only a slight slope but enough to cause the buggy to keep veering towards the road when the buggypod is attached. It is quite hard to keep it going straight and my wrists have become very painful as a result:(
I think it is OK for occasional use but in my opinion not for everyday use. Also the buggy is very wide with the buggypod attached (Just barely under a meter!!!!) and it doesn't fit through my front garden gate so I have to always take one child out and fold up the buggypod!

I would love to have an ABC buggy but they are expensive and I have so little storage space:(

marnieb
07-12-2011, 03:33 PM
I've used a Buggypod for almost a year now. I find it very easy to use. but I find now that the children are older, the weight of them makes it a nightmare to push, and I find myself using it less and less.